Assistant Manager-Data EngineeringData Engineering
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Must be able to provision and manage servers/application, including configuration management using automation tools like Ansible, Salt etc.
- Experience with IaaS like AWS, GCP.
- Experience in supporting databases like RDS, PSQL, MongoDB.
- Building CI/CD pipelines for deployment using Jenkins, Gitlab pipelines.
- Hand-on experience with Docker is preferred
- Working experience on any one of Kubernetes /ECS is preferred.
- Proficiency in deploying and maintaining ROR, Python, React web applications, Databases (RDS, Neo4J, MongoDB), SOLR and ElasticSearch.
- Understanding of NoSQL DBs and key-stores like Redis
- Ability to construct and execute a network, server, and application status monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of software automation production systems, including code deployment
- Knowledge of container-based deployment with Docker / Ansible
- Jira/Confluence administration skills
- Must be available for production support with flexible timings
- Ability to develop scripts for automating tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.