Assistant Manager - LegalLegal
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Draft, review Programming related Agreements such as Production Agreements, Artist Agreements, Music License Agreements, Content Acquisition Agreements (Films and Programs) , Marketing Agreements, Leave & License Agreements, slot sale agreements and all other miscellaneous agreements. Also draft amendment agreements, extension letters for all existing documents.
- Conduct due diligence of movies to be acquired.
- Providing legal assistance related to legal cases from time to time.
- Do legal research.
- Drafting rules and regulations for all the marketing contests for consumer engagements and activities which are held on our channels, from time to time; all documents pertaining to reality shows.
- Draft legal notices/responses etc. from time to time.
- Assist in litigation pertaining to the business and brief counsels on all such legal matters as and when required).
- Adhere to set timelines
- Risk mitigation
- Knowledge of the industry and subject matter
- Ability to adapt to the dynamics of the industry and business
- LLB with 5-7years of experience preferably in Media and Entertainment, Telecom, IT, ITeS, ISP, Internet, retail, Radio Sector
- Atleast 2 years of experience in a top tier law firm is preferred
- preferred from top tier law schools, such as the National Law schools, ILS Pune, Symbiosis, Pune
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Demonstrate (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently
- Good contract drafting skill sets.
- Good knowledge of Contract Act 1857, Copyright Law and Trademark laws, Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act1995, TRAI Regulations
- Well versed with various content regulation such as the Self-Regulation Code framed by the IBF and the BCCC Guidelines, the ASCI, NCPCR guidelines, Should have excellent research skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Very good communication skills
- Good communication skill sets required.
- Should be able to handle pressure at work, able to multi-task within tight timelines.
- Strong communication skills and good command over English (both oral and written) and the ability to interact with people across all levels in the organization Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within the Organization and a fast-paced dynamic business environment
- Should be pro-active, take initiative and be a strong team player
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.