Manager-Consumer InsightsProgramming Strategy& Insights
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
ABOUT THE ROLE: The role is for a Business Analyst & Strategy within Pravah Picture.
The role demands a person who is an Insights generator & Solutions provider. The role demands mentorship the channel & business teams in the areas of:
1. Audience Management & Consumer Insights
2. Content Acquisition & Programming Strategy
3. Assist Marketing & Communications
4. Drive effective Distribution decisions
5. Build expertise on Business Development & futureproofing the business
Audience Management: To ensure constant engagement with audiences & helping the channel teams gauge the pulse of the TV viewer through:
- Consumer insights drawn from various data sources (qualitative & quantitative) including BARC
- Identifying trends in audience behavior & predict changes
- Constant Evaluation of business decisions - both Macro & Micro
- Environmental scanning & competition tracking to build a robust business intelligence system
Content Acquisition & Programming Strategy: To ensure that the content & its playout is in sync with the current consumer expectations
- Analyzing Box-office, Social Media & TV trends to ascertain the most effective content options
- Build cost-benefit models to ensure that the acquisitions are keeping the business intent
- Liaison with various stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of the entire acquisition cycle
- Help Product Managers in developing optimal Slotting, Inventory & Break Strategies
- Create a robust prediction tool to ensure consistency in channel deliveries
Marketing & Communications: Constant sharing of Audience Insights & inputs into Overall Brand Strategy
- Inputs into Media Planning & Buying, Market Prioritization, Communication Strategy (On-Air & Off-Air) for sustenance as well as impact properties throughout the year
Distribution: Constant communication with Distribution Teams on Consumption & environmental changes across key markets and service providers for each of the portfolio channels.
Build expertise on Business Development & futureproofing the business: Help build a long-term business which keeps with the times:
- Studying & building business models, identifying opportunities to expand within & outside the scope of business
- Up to 5-8 years of experience in either television, digital media, media planning/buying, business strategy, consumer research or analytics
- Business degree from a reputed institute
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A problem solver willing to take ownership, initiative and is highly accountable, action-oriented and assertive.
- Should be able to adapt to the ever-dynamic business environment.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Superior Team management & Leadership skills
- Business wherewithal
- Highly result oriented
- Self-motivated & Driven
- Well organized, Well planned, Well informed & Well read
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.