Manager – Human Resources HR Business PartnerHuman Resources
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Act as a responsible and hands on HR Business Partner for Entertainment Ad Sales function, which is complex and diverse in the service offerings, and ensure HR support towards meeting overall business goals
- Build relationships across levels in the internal customer organization (Locations/Inter-department) and manage dynamics within these relationships to positively influence the overall partnership with Entertainment Ad Sales BU
- Work with the larger HR team to establish people agenda which underpins and supports the delivery of business goals and drives employee engagement and retention initiatives for the BU
- Partner with HR COEs to drive regular HR processes as well implement effective, targeted & bespoke business-oriented solutions that meet specific business and Line Leader challenges
- Deploy the HR strategy & transformational people agenda for the business vertical and communicate and market forward-thinking HR solutions and programs to help businesses attract, engage and develop a diverse workforce.
- Participate in the development and implementation of human resources processes and programs, including but not limited to assimilation of new employees, performance management, organizational development, employee recognition, learning and development and the annual talent and compensation review process
- Ensure that all people managers are equipped and able to deliver against the annual recurring people management requirements
- Identify training needs and partner with the L&D team for construction of appropriate modules.
- Conduct dipstick surveys to understand the pulse of the business unit and construct action plans to address concerns. Collate reports based on regular focus group sessions, One on One and skip level meetings. channelize change management within the organization
- Carry out routine management of employee lifecycle transactions, employee issues including disciplinary matters, grievance handling, change management and counselling
- Delivery on the people agenda for the year
- HR metrics that will be set along with goals for the year
- 6-7 years of overall HR partnering experience post MBA in Human Resources preferably from a Tier I / Tier II institute.
- Work experience in the function of Talent Management and Development will be an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong communication and influencing skills paired with excellent judgment, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated ability to foster linkage between business objectives and human resources activities.
- Demonstration of strong planning skills essential and good project management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with diverse senior business stakeholders across levels
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, ambiguous setup
- Self-motivated, result oriented, high energy individual
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.