Senior Executive – Competitions & TournamentCompetitions & Tournaments
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :-
Competitions & Tournaments:
- A keen understanding of the Competitions & Tournaments in the sports leagues ecosystem
- Ability to work closely with franchisees, Star Sales & Broadcast team on a day-to-day basis and effectively innovate on assets and deliverables
- Draft sponsorship guidelines for PKL & create monetization plans for other ancillary events as needed
- To be able to effectively implement all aspects of the guidelines for the Central Sponsorship Team & Franchisees (On-Air & On-Ground) for PKL & any other ancillary events.
- To analyze the guidelines on a yearly basis and to ensure constant improvements and modifications to the same keeping in mind the evolving sports industry & kabaddi eco-system.
- To communicate on a regular basis with the Central Sponsorship Team & Franchisees and be able to effectively resolve all queries and clarifications
- Work closely with the Mashal and Star Marketing team to effectively create and execute sponsor deliverables on digital assets and through fan engagement activities.
- Ability to analyze sponsorship data and create post event & review reports to present to stakeholders
- Knowledge of Merchandising Vendors and to be able to work within timelines.
- Ability to manage all logistics and collate information of internal and stakeholders for merchandise requirements
- Effective in collating various requests and timely distribution of the same.
- To be able to work closely with internal teams and explore opportunities to create alternative monetization opportunities
- Manage post event reports and ensure clear documentation is maintained for all merchandising activities.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES :-
- End to End Delivery of the Competitions & Tournaments Guidelines each season
- Effective Merchandise Procurement & Distribution Strategy
- On-Ground execution of all deliverables through the Kabaddi season
- Off Season ideation and planning of ancillary events along with their monetization and merchandising plans
- Graduate /Postgraduate from a reputed institute with minimum 5+ years of experience
- Degree/Diploma in sports management will be an added advantage
- Experience in Kabaddi and other sports leagues as Sponsorship/Event manager is preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :-
- Proven experience in the relevant fields as indicated above
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- The role requires high execution orientation, quick thinking and implementation.
- The incumbent should be comfortable with a lot of action and has the ability to handle multiple issues/activities
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :-
- High on energy, drive, assertive and to be able to deal with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Should be driven and mature enough to handle senior level relationships •
- Passionate about sports
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.