PSB ACADEMY CONTEST
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) shall govern the “PSB Academy Contest” (“Contest”) and shall be binding on each participant (“Participant”, “Your” and/or “You”) who voluntarily desires to participate in the Contest hosted by STAR ASIANET MIDDLE EAST FZ-LLC together with its affiliates, associates, agencies etc., as the case may be (collectively “COMPANY”) and sets out, inter alia, the terms of Your participation in the Contest and selection of Winners of the Contest. The Contest is intended to promote PSB Academy (and specifically, the services that it offers as an educational institution to potential students).
The Contest shall be governed by the Contest Terms, and by entering the Contest, You acknowledge to have read, understood, and unconditionally agree to comply with and abide by these Contest Terms. It is clarified that COMPANY’s decisions on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. You represent that Your participation in the Contest is on a voluntary and unsolicited basis; You further acknowledge that no goods or services have been offered to You as an inducement, or a prize, for participating in the Contest.
By participating in the Contest,
(i) You authorize the COMPANY and its’ affiliates, group companies, Sponsor, its’ affiliates and their employees, authorised representatives, agents, assigns (collectively “Company Entities”) to the collection, use, storage, transfer and disclosure of Your Personal Data;
(ii) You agree and acknowledge that Your Personal Data may be collected, stored, processed, disclosed and/or transferred by the COMPANY or such third parties for the purposes outlined above within or outside the jurisdiction of Singapore;
(iii) You acknowledge and authorise COMPANY and its affiliates, agents, assigns to contact You using automatic telephone dialling systems, automatic texting systems and artificial or pre-recorded messages, including without limitation IVR’s and hotlines. By participating in the Contest, You also represent that You are the owner or customary user of the mobile phone number, including WhatsApp number/ email id from which You participated in the Contest.
(iv) You hereby consent to all of the foregoing.
The Contest shall commence from September 24, 2023 and shall continue for a period of 3 (three) weeks therefrom, i.e., up to October 14, 2023 or for such other period as may be determined by COMPANY at its sole discretion (“Contest Period”). Any change in the Contest Period will be communicated by the COMPANY via the Channels, Social Media Pages and/or such other mode of communication that the COMPANY may deem fit. For the avoidance of doubt, it is clarified that the Entries (as defined hereafter) must be submitted within the Contest Period. However, the Winners may be selected by the COMPANY and the Prize(s) may be made available after the end of the Contest Period in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
You agree and acknowledge that You are not required to make any payments to COMPANY for participating in the Content. However, You understand and acknowledge that Your telecom service provider/ internet service provider may impose certain charges on You for use of their applicable services in relation to Your participation in the Contest, which shall be borne solely by You. COMPANY recommends You check with Your service provider for schedule of charges that may apply.
(I) Participants’ Eligibility
To participate in the Contest the Participant(s) must comply with the below:
- The Participant(s) must be individual residents of Singapore (the “Territory”) and shall not be citizens of any sanctioned country (where sanctioned country means Belarus, Burma (Myanmar), Crimea, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Ivory Coast, Liberia, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Zimbabwe and any other country against whom the U.S. economic sanctions are or may be maintained by the U.S. Government, as may be updated from time-to-time).
- The Participant(s) represent and warrant that:
(a) They are not on any Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list issued by the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control; and
- The Participant(s) must be aged 18 (eighteen) years or above as on the date that the Participant accepts the Terms and Conditions.
- The Participant(s) should not have any criminal conviction or an arrangement or a contract that prevents the Participant(s) from participating in the Contest. The Participant(s) should be legally eligible, as per the laws of the jurisdiction to which the Participant(s) is(are) subject, to enter into a contract.
- The Contest is not open to the employees (permanent or contracted) and directors, including each of their immediate family members, of (i) COMPANY, its parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated companies; and (ii) PSB Academy, including each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and/or entities connected with the promotion of the Contest (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
- COMPANY reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants.
- Non-conformance by the Participant(s) with any and all of the Contest Terms set out herein or as set by COMPANY from time to time will make such Participant’s participation in the Contest null and void.
(II) Participation Mechanism:
- During each week of the Contest Period, (1) one knowledge-based multiple-choice question (“Question”) in any of the subject matters as determined by COMPANY such as: (i) IT; (ii) Engineering; and (iii) Life Sciences, shall appear on the Channels in the form of on-air promo and/or on Social Media Page in the form of social media posts, posted by COMPANY. For the purpose of these Terms & Conditions, “Channels” shall mean the television channels branded as “Vijay TV” and “Star Plus” or any other linear television channel that may be used by COMPANY for the purposes contemplated hereunder; and “Social Media Page” shall mean COMPANY’s official Facebook page and Instagram page currently branded as “Star Plus SEA”, “Vijay TV” or any other social media page/ handle that may be used by COMPANY for the purposes contemplated hereunder.
- To enter the Contest, Participants must watch the Channels and/or follow the Social Media Page during the Contest Period and share the correct answer to the Questions during Contest Period. To send in the answers to the Questions, Participant(s) may email the correct answer along with their mobile number to firstname.lastname@example.org (“Entry” and collectively “Entries”).
- Only the first Entry by a Participant for each Question shall be allowed and considered for the purpose of shortlisting. For the sake of clarity, if a Participant has submitted multiple Entries as answers to any one Question, only the first Entry shall be considered, and any subsequent Entry(ies) shall be considered null and void.
- Any Entry should provide all required information requested from the Participant(s). If the same is not complied with, then the Entry will not be considered a valid entry for the Contest and the same will be disqualified. All information submitted by the Participant must be true, accurate and complete and are subject to the provision of proof(s) by the Participant, upon request by COMPANY. It is clarified that Participants who have already provided the required information in a previous Entry shall be required to provide the required information again in every fresh Entry that they submit.
- Participant(s) must enter the Contest on their own behalf only and Entry(ies) by proxies shall not be accepted.
- The Entries received before the commencement and/or after the expiration of the Contest Period shall be void. COMPANY’s determination of the date and time of receipt of Entries shall be final and binding on all Participants. Any incomplete and/or illegible Entries will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest and the receipt of any Prize.
- COMPANY shall not be responsible for any Entry submitted but not received or recorded due to any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, COMPANY shall not be responsible for (a) lost, invalid, misdirected, late, incomplete or unintelligible entries or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by the Participants or the parents/legal guardians of the Participants or by any technical or human errors of any nature whatsoever that may occur in the processing of such Entries; and/or (b) any error in the operation or transmission, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, or for technical, network, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive any entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, that results in an Entry not being received by COMPANY. Any automated receipt of confirmation does not constitute proof of actual receipt of the Entry.
- Only eligible Entries received from eligible Participants, during the Contest Period, will be considered for the Contest. Each Participant represents that the Entry is authentic and not fabricated for the purposes of the Contest.
- The Participant(s) agrees that the Entry shall be free of any virus/trojans/spyware/malware or any such program which may harm the recipient’s computers/ system/servers etc. or contain any links which are intended to harm and/or provide unauthorized access to the recipient’s computer and the personal data therein.
- Certain selected Participants will be eligible to receive the Prize (as defined below) in accordance with the Selection Process and Gratification section below.
(III) Selection Process and Gratification:
- COMPANY shall select the first three (3) correct Entries received by Company against the Question posted for the applicable Week, and the three (3) Participants with such correct Entry will be eligible to receive the Prize (each a “Winner” and collectively “Winners”). The Winners for the applicable week will be declared at the end of the Week. Upon determination of the Winners for each Week, the same will be published on the Social Media Pages or via major newspapers in Singapore or such other mode of communication. Such Winners shall be required to fulfil all of the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions including submitting of valid documents to the satisfaction of COMPANY.
- Each of the Winners who has answered the Question correctly will be eligible to receive an Amazon gift voucher worth SGD 50 (“Prize”).
- Each Winner agrees and acknowledges that the Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions as may be imposed by third party providers, from time to time and the Winners agree to adhere to such terms and conditions, without any recourse to COMPANY. To the maximum extent permissible by law, COMPANY shall not be responsible for loss of any nature, and/or any physical injury and/or disability and/or disfigurement and/or mental trauma and/or death that may occur/ occurs to any Participant, whose participation has been considered as invalid and/or not selected a winner. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary and to the maximum extent permissible by law, the Company Entities make no representation and warranties, whether express or implied, with respect to the Contest and/or Prize including in relation to fitness or merchantability of the Prize and/or the Contest.
- Upon determination of Winners as per terms set out under Paragraph 1 of this Section III, the Winners will be contacted through the contact details provided by the Winners as part of the Entry. Such Winners will be required to execute any and all legal documents as required by COMPANY. In case a Winner is unable to verify the eligibility details, the said Winner shall be disqualified from the Contest, at the sole discretion of COMPANY and shall not be eligible for receiving the Prize. COMPANY will endeavour to deliver the Prize to each Winner without delay. However, any delay or failure in delivery of the Prize for reasons not in the control of the COMPANY, shall not be deemed as breach of these Terms and Conditions by the COMPANY.
- If the announcement of Winner(s) is postponed for any reason whatsoever, COMPANY will not be held responsible for the same.
- COMPANY shall not be responsible if the Winner(s) are not available at the contact details provided by them as part of the Entries and as a result of which the Winner(s) loses their chance to receive the Prizes. COMPANY shall make only one (1) attempt to reach the Winner(s). In case they do not revert within the timeline specified in COMPANY’s communication to such Winner, the selection shall be invalidated, and COMPANY shall not be liable to such Winner(s) in any manner whatsoever.
- For the avoidance of doubt, it is clarified that if a Winner’s selection is invalidated due to (i) their non-response to COMPANY’s communication; (ii) their failure to execute any further documents as required by Company/ Sponsor to collect the Prize/ verify the eligibility details; or (iii) no correct Entry is received by COMPANY for a particular week, COMPANY shall have the right (but not the obligation) to carry forward such prizes to select additional Winners in the succeeding week; or in case of the final week, the next eligible Participant who has submitted a correct entry will be declared as the Winner.
- The Winner(s) shall be required to be available as required by COMPANY to share their entry that COMPANY may specify from time to time (at COMPANY’s sole discretion). COMPANY shall not be liable if any Winner for any loss/ damage to their person or property caused/incurred during the Winners’ receipt of the Prize and the Winner(s) shall keep COMPANY indemnified for any loss suffered as a result of the same.
- The Participant(s) shall ensure that their entry is original, decent and is not illegal, immoral, obscene, defamatory, derogatory, abusive, offensive, insensitive, libellous or blasphemous to any person nor does it violate the right to privacy of any person. The Participant(s) also agrees and confirms that their entry for the contest is in compliance with all applicable laws of the Territory and agrees to keep the Company Entities indemnified from any claim thereto. Any non-compliance with this clause shall lead to the immediate disqualification of the Participant(s) concerned without any liability to the Company Entities.
- If any Participant engages in any behaviour that COMPANY in its sole discretion believes to be prejudicial to the spirit of the Contest, it will result in such Participant’s disqualification from the Contest and the receipt of any Prize.
- If any selected Winner is unable to or does not claim the Prize for any reason whatsoever, they shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the Contest and forfeited their right to claim the Prize.
- All decisions taken by COMPANY shall be final and binding and shall not be subject to any appeal of any nature whatsoever. Entry in the Contest shall be construed to mean that the Participant(s) has(ve) waived their right to dispute any decision(s) made by COMPANY, to the maximum extent permissible by law.
- COMPANY reserves the right to change or withdraw the Prize at any time in case (a) the selected Winner(s) fail to comply with any of the Contest Terms and/or applicable laws; or (b) to remain in compliance with applicable laws.
- To the maximum extent permissible by law, (a) the Company Entities assume no responsibility and shall not be held liable for any damages, losses, injuries, inconvenience, or any other liabilities of any nature whatsoever arising in connection with the fulfilment of any Prize; and (b) Participant hereby releases the Company Entities from any and all liability arising out of any personal injuries, property loss or damage, and misuse of the Prize offered under this Contest, whether directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, or participation in the Contest including during shipping of the Prize to the Winner (if applicable).
- In case Participant(s) and/or Winner(s) fail to produce any documents required by COMPANY for the purpose of verification of compliance with these Terms and Conditions, such Participant(s) and/or Winner(s) shall stand disqualified without any liability to COMPANY.
- The Prizes are non-refundable, non-transferrable and non-exchangeable. For the purpose of clarity, no cash equivalent or alternative prize shall be given to the Winner(s) and the Winner(s) cannot exchange the Prize(s) for a gift of equivalent value and/or liquidate the Prize in the form of cash, monies or any other nature of interests. The Prize cannot be clubbed or modified or changed with any other offer or web-based service/purchase of the Prize from any other website/app. Further, the Prize won is personal to the Winner(s) and the Winner(s) cannot transfer the Prize to any other person(s).
(IV) CONSENT FOR PROCURING PERSONAL INFORMATION
(a) Your Personal Data (including but not limited to your name, your username, location/city, email ID, phone number and address) may be collected by any or all of the Company Entities, in connection with the Contest. You hereby also agree that it may be/become necessary for Company Entities to collect the Personal Data in connection with Your participation in the Contest and for the uses set out below. Your refusal to provide COMPANY with certain information would entitle COMPANY to disqualify You form participation in the Contest.
(b) Your Personal Data will be used, collected, disclosed, transferred, retained by COMPANY only for the Contest, including for the purposes of administration of the Contest and for promotional/gratification purposes around the Contest and for no other purpose.
(c) Your Personal Data may be used for purposes in connection with and related to the Contest including in relation to Your participation in the contest and administering the Contest. Your Personal Information may be used by Company Entities in various formats and media, including television, digital, social media, print for marketing and promotional activities in respect of the Contest.
(d) COMPANY has informed you of your rights to: (i) review your Personal Information for deficiencies and inaccuracies, and request COMPANY to amend the Personal Information, to the extent deemed feasible by COMPANY; and (ii) withdraw the consent provided hereunder. Provided that Company Entities shall not be liable for any collection, storage, use, transfer or disclosure of Personal Information prior to such withdrawal of consent or request for amendment of Personal Information. Additionally, upon any such withdrawal of consent or request to review and amend your Personal Information, COMPANY shall be entitled to disqualify your Entry and/or participation in the Contest, as deemed fit and necessary by COMPANY at its sole discretion.
(e) All your Personal Information is true, correct and complete in all respects, and in no circumstances will COMPANY be liable for either the authenticity of the Personal Information or any inaccuracies or deficiencies in your Personal Information.
(f) COMPANY has provided you with the option to opt out of providing your Personal Information.
(g) You agree and acknowledge that such Company Entities may be based in Singapore or outside the jurisdiction of Singapore and Your Personal Data may be collected, stored, processed, disclosed and transferred by such Company Entities within or outside the jurisdiction of Singapore;
(h) You hereby agree to abide by the Contest Terms.
(V) ADDITIONAL TERMS:
- The Winner(s) shall also be required to comply with the terms and rules as may be published, displayed and/or communicated by COMPANY, from time to time.
- COMPANY reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing Contest Terms including without limitation change in the rules and structure, any element of the Content, the number of winners, nature of the Prize, dates and timelines for the Contest etc., or to reschedule, cancel, terminate or withdraw the Contest upon giving prior notice. Any such change will be updated on and the Social Media Pages. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Participant(s) to check any revisions to the Contest Terms on the Social Media Pages.
- Nothing contained herein or otherwise imposes an obligation on COMPANY to run the Contest, declare winners and/or distribute the Prize. COMPANY reserves the rights to terminate or temporarily suspend the Contest at any time, with or without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
- In the event that COMPANY is of the opinion none of the Participants are eligible to be selected as a Winner, then COMPANY may exercise its discretion not to select any Winner.
- The Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) hereby acknowledge and agree that the relationship between the Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) and COMPANY is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship. Nothing herein shall be deemed to create a partnership, agency or an employer-employee relationship between the Participant and COMPANY.
- The Participants will, at all times, engage in conduct with due regard to social conventions and public morals and will not commit any act which could bring the Company Entities into public disrepute or reflect unfavorably on any such parties.
- The Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) hereby agree to be bound by the Contest Terms and/or by any subsequent revisions of the Contest Terms (“Revised Terms”). COMPANY reserves the right to amend, add and/or delete any of the terms at its sole and absolute discretion without further notice. The Revised Terms (if any) shall supersede all prior Contest Terms.
- All Entries shall become the property of COMPANY. By entering the Contest, the Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) grant the Company Entities unlimited use of their names, social media handles, address, voice, photographs, statements and/or likeness including the Entry in any and all media without remuneration throughout the world in perpetuity for the purpose of publicity and/or advertising.
- For the sake of clarity, all rights, title and interest in Entry shall vest with COMPANY and may be utilized by COMPANY at a later point in time, at its sole discretion. The Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) hereby irrevocably, perpetually and for the entire world, assign all rights, title and interest including rights in any intellectual property vested in the Entry to COMPANY including but not limited to the right to make any derivatives, adaptation, rights in any form of exploitation etc.
- Except as expressly provided herein, all ancillary costs associated with the receipt or use of the Prize, whether direct and/or indirect, including without limitation charges, expenses, taxes, costs, etc. are the sole responsibility of the selected Winner(s).
- By providing any Personal Information to COMPANY and/or entering the Contest, each Participant thereby waives their privacy rights and/or any privacy expectations they have with respect to the use of their likeness or personal information furnished to COMPANY. If a Participant does not wish to have their information and/or likeness viewed by or disclosed to others, they should not enter the Contest.
- Participants agree to not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to, infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights, impersonates another person, is invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging and/or violates any law for the time being in force,
- The Company Entities will not be liable to You for delay or failure to perform its obligations set out hereunder caused by an event of natural disaster, acts of God, riots, terrorism, or such other event that is beyond the reasonable control of the party (“Force Majeure Event”). The Winner(s) agree that if due to any reason, whatsoever, beyond the control of the Company Entities the Prize and/or anything in connection to the Prize and/or the enjoyment of the Prize becomes ineffective or invalid, the Company Entities cannot be held responsible and/or liable for the same.
- COMPANY is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any injury, illness, infection, death, mental trauma caused to the Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) in any manner whatsoever or for any reason whatsoever in connection to the Contest and/or Prizes.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are unenforceable or invalid under applicable laws, the said provision shall be modified to the extent necessary, and in any event, the remaining provisions will continue to be valid and
- The Winner(s) shall do any and all acts and execute any and all documents in such manner as may be required by COMPANY in its sole and absolute discretion to protect, perfect or enforce any of the rights granted or confirmed to COMPANY failing which their selection shall be forfeited.
- The Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) shall fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless and keep indemnified, COMPANY its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents and the Sponsors (collectively the “Indemnified Persons”) from and against any and all losses, claims, actions, damages, liabilities, penalties, costs and expenses, (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and court fees) (collectively “Losses”), that the Indemnified Person may incur or suffer or likely to incur or suffer as a result of or arising out any (i) breach of any terms hereunder; (ii) wilful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions; and/or (iii) any claims by any third party for any losses, damages, costs, expenses, injuries suffered by such third party, arising out of or in relation to the Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) during the Contest and/or enjoyment of the Prize. Under no circumstances will the Company Entities be liable for any consequential, indirect, special, punitive, or incidental damages or lost profits, whether direct or indirect, arising in any way whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise. Further, COMPANY shall under no circumstances be liable to any third-party platform, including any social media platforms for any reason whatsoever.
- By participating in the Contest, it shall be construed that the Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) have waived their right to raise any dispute with regard to the Contest and/or the Prizes and/or any decision of COMPANY, in any manner whatsoever, to the maximum extent permissible by law.
- The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws of Singapore. All matters with respect to the Contest are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Singapore.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, COMPANY including its affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, third party service providers, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Contest. COMPANY makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of content advertised by the Sponsors or the content of any websites linked to COMPANY and assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies on COMPANY, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from the Participant’s participation in the Contest; and/or (iii) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available by COMPANY, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the Participant is advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
- Limitations of Liability: By entering the contest, each Participant (which shall include all Winners) acknowledges and agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and associated with entering the Contest (if any). Notwithstanding the foregoing, under no circumstances will the Company Entities be liable for any consequential, indirect, special punitive, or incidental damages or lost profits, whether direct or indirect, arising in any way whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise. The Participant’s participation in the Contest shall be at the Participant’s sole risk. The Participant acknowledges that the representations and warranties, indemnities, limitation of liability, governing law, dispute resolution, warranty disclaimer shall survive the efflux of time.
- No Rights of Third Parties: By entering the contest, each Participant (which shall include all Winners) acknowledges and agrees to exclude the operation and application of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001.