RUMM PUM PUMM
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (‘Terms & Conditions’) shall be binding on all participants (each a ‘Participant’ or ‘You’) who voluntarily agrees to participate in the digital interactive contest titled “RUMM PUM PUMM Contest” (‘Contest’) which will be hosted by Star India Private Limited. (“Star / Company”) for the purpose of promotion and viewer engagement of its channel‘Star Maa Music’ (“Channel”) and its programs (“Star Maa Music Programs”).
The Contest will be conducted on the Channel and “Facebook live page’ during the song based Program “RUMM PUM PUMM” consisting of 12 to 14 songs of Telugu feature films/albums (Program) to be aired during all the weekdays (Monday to Sunday) tentatively between 09.00 hours & 10.00 hours Indian Standard Time (IST), which may be changed by the Company from time to time at its sole discretion. You can access/view these terms at the following startv.com (‘Website’)
The Contest shall be governed by the Terms & Conditions and all the Participants in the Contest shall unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by the same. If You do not agree to be bound or cannot comply with any of the Terms & Conditions, please do not continue. Your failure to accept or comply with the provisions of these Terms & Conditions will disqualify you from participating in the Contest. The decisions of Star for all matters relating to the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects.
STAR reserves the right to revise these Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice to the Participant. The revised Terms & Conditions, if applicable, will be effective immediately upon uploading the same on Website, unless otherwise mentioned. The Participants are encouraged to re-visit the Website to stay abreast of any changes that may be introduced. Your continued participation in the Contest shall be deemed acceptance of such Terms & Conditions. You acknowledge that no knowledge of the revisions made shall not be a defence in any proceeding with regard to the Contest.
You are required to click on the tab ‘I ACCEPT’ at the end of the page. The failure to accept these Terms and Conditions by You will disqualify your participation in the Contest.
1. STAR shall announce and market the Contest on its social media platforms/pages of the Channel on Facebook and Instagram.
2. The Contest will commence on December 5 , 2021 at 09:00 hours Indian Standard Time (IST) and will end on April 30, 2022 at 10.00 hours IST (“ Period/ Contest Period”) on the ‘channel and/or the Facebook live page’ (Platform). STAR reserves all rights to make amendments to the Period and/or Terms and Conditions and/or such other terms and conditions stated herein, without giving prior notice to the Participants. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Participant(s) to check the Terms and Conditions for the Contest on the Website/Platform from time to time. STAR also reserves the right to cancel and/or postpone the Contest without any prior intimation to the Participant(s).
3. To participate in the Contest, all persons interested in participating and/or Participants shall be mandatorily required to answer the puzzles as detailed below: • The Contest shall comprise of different puzzles with regard to Telugu feature films, which will be triggered on the TV screen & Facebook live page during telecast of each song and the Participant need to identify the correct answers and comment their answers on the Facebook live page before completion of the song. (The detail of different types of Puzzles are as follows.
Three images of a particular movie will be triggered on the TV screen & Facebook live page and the Participant need to identify the movie name and comment the movie name on the Facebook live page. (Magadheera) 3
Three names with missing letters of Hero, Heroin and Movie are displayed on TV screen and the Participant need to fill the missing letters and comment hero, heroin & movie name on the facebook live. (Kajal, Ram Charan Tej, Magadheera)
(a) K _ _ A _ (b) R _ _ CH _ _ A _ _ E _ (c) M _ _ A _ _ E _ R A
First Alphabet of Hero, Heroin and Movie name with a hint will be displayed on TV and the Participant need to comment the hero, heroin & movie name on the Facebook live. (Ram Charan Tej, Kajal, Magadheera)
• (a) R
Hint: Bangaru Kodi Petta.
• (b) K
• (c) M
4. Specific format of the Puzzle will be used in each episode and one Puzzle will be used for each song. The Puzzle will be changed in every prospective episodes of the Program, at absolute discretion of STAR.
5. To participate in the Contest and to be eligible for the Prize (as defined below), the interested Participant(s) shall be required to correctly answer the Puzzle asked on the channel and Facebook page facebook.com/starmaamusic in the following manner, by sending Facebook message in English/Telugu language by sending their answer to the same Facebook page facebook.com/starmaamusic on the same day between 10.00 hours and 11.00 hours (“Answers”); • Participant shall log on to his Facebook page, which navigates to Star Maa Music Page
• ‘RUMM PUM PUMM’ Contest post shall be pinned on to the top
• Participant shall comment on the post with the answer.
6. The Answer sent by the Participant(s) will be deemed to be received when the Participant receives a return message from “STAR”, “Congratulations, thank you for participating” and the winner/s will receive a message “Congratulations, thank you for participating - you have won a gift coupons of “XXXXXX”.
7. It is clarified that the Participant shall be required to provide the correct Answer to the Puzzle to qualify, to win the Prize. Answers having incorrect keywords or wrong answers shall be considered invalid and shall not qualify for the Contest.
8. It is further clarified that if the Participant(s) provides an incorrect answer to the Puzzle, then his/her entry for such Puzzle shall be considered incomplete and the Participant shall not be eligible for Prize. Answer sent by the Participant after the Contest Period will be deemed invalid and entry of such Participant will be disqualified.
9. A Participant may participate any number of times during the Contest Period using the same Facebook account. It is further clarified that only the first entry submitted by the Participant shall be considered as the single and final entry for each song. Multiple entries for each song by the Participant during the Contest Period shall be considered as null and void. This shall be final and binding upon the Participants under these Terms & conditions.
10. For purposes of this Contest, “receipt” of Answer occurs when the Facebook account of STAR Maa records the Answer upon the Participant(s) sending the Answer and the Participant(s) receives a thank you message (“Entry”). Any automated receipt confirmation does not constitute proof of actual receipt.
11. For the purposes of participating in this Contest, sending their Answer during the Contest Period by the Participant(s) shall be considered as a complete and valid Entry. For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting the Answer the Participant(s) is representing that the Answer or contents thereof are not confidential or comprise any sensitive personal information.
12. If any costs are incurred by the Participant to participate in the Contest through Facebook shall be solely borne by the Participant without any recourse to STAR in the manner as set out herein below.
i (i) For the purposes of this Contest, Participant(s) who are the account holders of Facebook shall be able to participate in the Contest.
i (ii) Entries sent after the Contest Period will not be considered and shall be deemed null and void without requirement of any further intimation by STAR.
13. It is further mandatory that the Facebook account through which the Participant participates in the Contest is duly registered in his/her name.
14. Winner Selection and Gratification:
a. One (1) winner for each song, on the basis of having made a valid Entry and he/she sending the correct Answer in the manner as stated hereinabove shall be shortlisted by STAR. STAR will select first three (3) names who answers correctly and put those three (3) names on the Randomizer and out of the same the Randomizer will select one winner (“Winner”). The Winners will be gratified with one e-coupon worth of Rs.100 to Rs.300/- sponsored by different sponsors the Company and the same will be declared on facebook.com/starmaamusic from
time to time and value of the same will be changed from time to time at the sole discretion of STAR (“Prize”)..
b. The Winner will be announced on the facebook.com/starmaamusic after completion of each episode of the Program within 24 hours from completion of each episode and the prize shall be delivered within 7 days from the date of the Contest through facebook.com/starmaamusic or as deemed fit by STAR.
c. Winner(s) will be contacted by STAR on the registered Facebook account of the Winner(s) from which the Entry was sent for the Contest. In the event the e- coupon sent by STAR is not delivered to the Winner’s registered Facebook account due to any technical reasons including but not limited to network problem, suspension of the account, blocked by concerned authorities or for any other reason and /or the Winner is found to be in breach of any of terms of these Terms & Conditions and /or fails to submit or provide the necessary details and
/or documentation as may be required by STAR for availing the Prize and/or there is a discrepancy in the documents submitted the Winner, then the selection of that Winner(s) shall be invalidated and STAR at its sole discretion may select another Winner in the process specified above. For avoidance of doubt, such choice of Winners by STAR shall be final and binding. STAR shall not be responsible if the Winner(s) are not available at their registered Facebook account as part of sending the Entry/Answer and as a result of which the Winner(s) lose his/ her chance to be entitled to the Prize and such decision shall be final and binding.
d. If the Winner(s) refuses to accept the Prize awarded, STAR shall forfeit the Prize and shall be released from all obligations towards the Winner(s) in connection to the Prize. After forfeiting the Prize, STAR may be entitled to select and declare another Winner as it deems fit, and award the Prize, to such Winner(s) and such decision of STAR shall be final and binding on all Participants including the Winner(s) and Winners (s) undertake to not dispute the same.
e. The Participant(s)/Winner(s) agree that save and except the Prize stated hereinabove, the Winner(s) shall not be entitled to any other form of gratification (monetary or otherwise). For avoidance of doubt it is clarified that STAR’s decision in regard to the selection and shortlisting of the Winner(s) shall be final and binding. For the sake of clarity, mere participation in the Contest does not entitle the Participant(s) to win the Prize. Only the Participant(s) having made a valid Entry and who are subsequently shortlisted as Winner(s) based on the criteria mentioned hereinabove by STAR at its discretion, shall be entitled to the Prize. Entry(s) sent after the Contest Period will not be considered for the Contest and shall be deemed null and void.
f. The Winner(s) shall not in any manner whatsoever be allowed to have any one impersonates him/her for availing the Prize. In the event it comes to the notice of STAR that any of the Winner(s) is indulging in such illegal activity, STAR shall
forthwith rescind and invalidate the Prize awarded to such Winner(s), without further notice.
g. The Winner(s) shall be solely responsible to avail the Prize at the time of delivery. The Winner(s) agrees that he/she shall not hold Star and/or its employees, responsible for delays in delivery of the Prize and/or loss or damage or any defect during transit or any problem in connection to the Prize.
15. The Participants shall in no event dispute and/or challenge the selection of the Winner. It is further clarified that in case of the selection and declaration of Winner(s), the decision of STAR and/or the Channel shall be final and binding on the Participant(s) and the same shall not be disputed and challenged in a court of law, to the extent permissible under law.
16. The Participant(s) shall not in any circumstances make any claims against STAR entities arising out of or relating to any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation due to any technical faults or directly or indirectly, to the Participant (s) participation or non-participation in the Contest or any related activity. If the Participant is found to be ineligible, or if she has not complied with these Terms & conditions, their corresponding entries will be disqualified.
17. The Participant(s) shall at all times comply with the applicable laws, rules and regulations including the terms & conditions on which this Contest is hosted.
18. All and any incidental costs direct and/or indirect, in relation to the Contest, shall be borne by the Participant(s) and in no manner whatsoever shall the Channel/ STAR, be responsible for the same.
19. STAR shall in no manner whatsoever be responsible for security of Participant(s)’s/ Winner(s)’ Entry and/or be liable for any use/misuse of the same by any person by way of hacking or otherwise.
20. STAR reserves the right to disqualify any Participant(s)/Winner(s) from participating in the Contest if his/her conduct is found to not be in concurrence with the Terms & conditions set out herein or as may be revised by STAR from time to time. STAR reserves the absolute right and discretion to reject any “Entry(s)/Answer(s)” or any part thereof at any stage of the Contest, including after declaring the Winner(s) if STAR receives any notice or complaint relating to the Answer not being compliant of the Terms & conditions including alleged to be infringing any form of rights including rights in any form of intellectual property of any third party; determines at its sole discretion that the Answer are inter alia, belongs to another person and to which the Participant does not have any right to; blasphemous, indecent, immoral, abusive, offensive, against the applicable laws or libelous and/or is contrary to any law in force; is grossly harmful, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any
manner whatever; harm minors in any way; infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights; violates any law for the time being in force; deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature; impersonate another person; contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
21. The decision of STAR in this regard shall be final and binding upon the Participant(s)/Winner(s).
22. In consideration of the participation in the Contest, Participant/Winner(s) hereby irrevocably, exclusively and perpetually assigns all rights, titles and interest in and to the text or any parts thereof submitted with the Answer, during or pursuant to the Contest, including rights in any forms of intellectual property including but not limited to right to use, add, alter, translate, adapt any Entry made including but not limited to for use of the same on the world wide web (internet), publication, communication to the public in any other form of media for the entire World to Star. To the extent, the above assignment is not held valid by operation of law, the Participant(s)/Winner(s) in consideration of participating in the Contest, hereby also grants an exclusive, perpetual, sub licensable license to STAR for use in the entire World in any media and form as STAR may deem fit, of the texts, Entry or any parts thereof submitted during the Contest to STAR including right to use, add, alter, translate, adapt any Entry made including but not limited to for use of the same on the World wide web (Internet), publications, communication to the public in any other form of media. The Participant(s)/Winner(s) waives any so-called moral rights in the Entry.
1. Employees of STAR and /or Channel or third party vendor which has been appointed from time to time, and also employees of the main sponsors and members of their immediate family; individuals not conversant in spoken Telugu or English; are ineligible to participate in the Contest. In the event of any fault, STAR shall be final.
2. The entry process is strictly open to Participant(s) residing in India only during the Contest Period of the Contest and of the age of 18 (eighteen) years and above only. The Participant
(s) should not have criminal conviction or an arrangement or a contract that prevents the Participant(s) from participating in the Contest.
3. If required by the Company ,Proof of age, of the Participant(s) in the Entry must be submitted (i.e. Birth Certificate, 10th Class leaving certificate/school certificate/passport/an affidavit signed by a magistrate) or any documentation as may be
required by STAR to confirm the eligibility of the Participant(s). STAR also reserves the right to disqualify a Participant(s)/Winner(s) in case a discrepancy is found to exist in the information furnished/provided/stated by the Participant(s) at any point in time during the Contest Period. The Participant(s) represents and undertakes to execute and produce such further documents as may be required by STAR in relation to the Contest. The Winner(s) represents and undertakes to execute and produce such further documents as may be required by STAR a in relation to availing the Gratification herein.
4. Each Participant(s)/Winner(s) consents to the use of Personal Information submitted by the Participants)/Winner(s) including the Entry/Answer for the purpose as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
5. STAR reserves the right to cancel and/or postpone the Contest without assigning any reasons and/or without giving any prior intimation to the Participant (s).
6. STAR shall not be responsible and/or liable in any manner whatsoever for any network problem, breakdown of machinery, problems pertaining to Platform, unclear network, disruption in the network and/or the internet /network costs charged by the telecom/mobile/network operator etc. Any dispute in connection to the above shall be settled between the subscribers, Participants and the telecom/mobile operator directly, without involving STAR.
7. In case of any telecom and /or network failure and /or technical failure /breakdown on the Platform and /or technical failure in submitting the Answer(s) and/or for any reasons whatsoever, STAR reserves the right to at its sole discretion to change the Platform and
/or the mechanism for submitting the Answer(s) and/or cease from accepting such Answer(s) of the Participants in any manner it may deem fit and necessary. In such event, STAR shall be entitled to exercise the option of putting the Contest and/or the selection and declaration of Winner(s) in abeyance, as it may deemed fit at its discretion. In addition STAR shall not be liable and /or responsible in any manner whatsoever in the event of any malfunction/fault /failure in either of the Platforms’ mechanism for submitting the Answer(s) including without limitation system/failure on the Platform, logging on the Platforms beyond the end time stated in these Terms and Conditions and due to technical
/technological restrictions and /or due to reasons /events/incidents beyond the commercially reasonable control of STAR.
8. Participant(s) shall not in any circumstances make any claims against STAR Channel, their employees, directors and its affiliates arising out of or relating to any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation due to any technical faults in the network and /or connections or directly or indirectly due to, to their participation or non-participation in Contest. If the Participant (s) is found to be ineligible, or if they have not complied with these Terms and Conditions , the corresponding Answer(s) will be disqualified.
9. The Prize/ Gratification cannot be transferred, negotiated, refunded or exchanged for money etc. For the sake of clarity, there shall be no other gratification monetary or otherwise other than that stated herein.
10. STAR shall not be responsible for any Answer(s) submitted but not received due to any reason whatsoever including technical disruption and/or failure and/or any other difficulties of such nature.
11. STAR reserves the right to forfeit the Prize in the event it is found by STAR or STAR has a reason to believe that any information provided including Personal Information by the Winner(s) is wrong, fraudulent or any misrepresentation is made by the Winner(s). STAR shall have the right to declare another Participant(s) on a random basis on the criterion mentioned herein) as the Winner(s) of the Contest, at its sole discretion and transfer the Prize to that person. Such decision of STAR shall be final and binding.
12. The Winner(s) agrees that if due to any reason, whatsoever, beyond the control of STAR the Gratification and/or anything in connection to the Gratification and/or the enjoyment of the Gratification becomes ineffective or invalid (eg. cancellation/postponement of the event), STAR shall not be held responsible and/or liable for the same.
13. STAR makes no representation and/or warranty regarding the Prize other than those given in these Terms and Conditions and hereby expressly disclaims all other warranties, expressed or implied.
14. The Winner(s) of the Contest agrees that he/she shall make himself/herself unconditionally available from time to time and co-operate with STAR and participate in any activity and/or campaign (if applicable)(" Promotional Activity") of any nature whatsoever in respect of the promotion of the Contest and /or Channel and.or Star Maa Music Programs without any money payable to the Winner(s). Further, the Winner(s) shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever. The Winner(s) agrees that the footage of any nature with regard to the Winner(s) from such Promotional Activity and any recording thereof shall vest with STAR, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity and STAR may exploit the same in any manner and in any media whatsoever at any time throughout the World.
15. The Participant/Winner shall not do any act either directly or indirectly during such Promotional Activity which may bring STAR into public disrepute or denigrate any of the preceding, or offend any community or public morals and in all public appearances the Participant/Winner) shall use her/his judgment in general demeanour and choice of language to create an atmosphere which would be conducive to promotion of the Contest and /or Channel and.or Star Maa Music Programs.
16. By participating in the Contest, it shall be construed that the Participant(s) and/or the Winner has waived his/her right to raise any dispute with regard to the Contest, and /or the Prize in any manner whatsoever to the extent permissible under law.
17. All and any incidental costs direct and/or indirect, in relation to the Prize, if applicable shall be borne by the Winner and in no manner whatsoever shall STAR, be responsible or liable for the same. For the sake of clarity, STAR shall not be responsible to pay for any taxes, duties, charges, license fees, insurance and/or levies applicable under the laws of India, in relation to the Prize and the same, if applicable, shall be solely borne by the Winner(s).
18. Each Participant in consideration of being given opportunity to participate in the Contest, agrees that the Participant/Winner shall hold harmless and indemnify the main sponsor, if any, the Channel, STAR, its affiliates, its group companies, their employees, officers, directors or any other person from and against any injury/damage/harm/loss/death/mental or emotional trauma suffered by the Participant/Winner, in any manner whatsoever in connection with the Contest, the SMS mechanism and/or the Prize won and/or the Program and/or any material submitted forming part of the Entry and/or any personal information submitted by the Participant/Winner and to the extent permissible under law waives all rights to file in person through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India to claim any damages or reliefs.
19. STAR is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any physical injury, death, mental and/or emotional trauma caused to the Participant(s)/Winner(s) in any manner whatsoever, in relation to the Contest.
20. Each Participant in consideration of being given opportunity to participate in the Contest, agrees to hold harmless and indemnify STAR, its affiliates, its group companies, their employees, officers, directors and/or any other person from and against any suit/ litigation/ injury/ damage/ harm/ loss suffered by STAR in connection with any act of the Participant(s)/Participant(s) Entry and/or the Contest and/or Content including any third party rights claims with respect to the material submitted by the Participant(s).
21. Each Participant(s)/Winner(s) hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Participant/Winner(s) Winner and STAR and its/their affiliated companies is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship.
22. The Participant(s)/Winner(s) Winner acknowledges that in case the performance of this Contest and/or availing the Prize cannot be fulfilled due to war, industrial action, flood or any Act of God then such non-performance or failure shall not be deemed as a breach of these Rules and Regulations and if such inability to perform such obligation continues for a period of 15 (fifteen) days, then STAR shall be at liberty and upon their sole discretion to terminate any such gratification and/or participation of a Participant(s)/Winner(s) Winner forthwith and such decision shall be final and binding.
23. Participant(s)/Winner acknowledges that in case any portion/clause of these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid or becomes unenforceable or prohibited by the law of the country, such portions shall be considered divisible and shall not be part of the
consideration, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid and binding and of like effect as though such provision was not included herein.
24. Participant/Winner acknowledges that Participant’s/Winner’s representations, warranties, indemnities, dispute mechanism and obligations shall survive the efflux of time and the termination of these Terms and Conditions.
25. The Participant(s)/Winner shall comply with the laws of India.
26. The Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India and in case of any dispute or other matter arising in reference to the selection of Winners and/or Prize and/or the Contest shall be referred to a sole arbitrator appointed by STAR and shall be governed by the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, amended from time to time. The venue for arbitration shall be Hyderabad, and shall be conducted in English language. All the costs, charges and expenses in connection to the Arbitration shall be solely borne by the Participant/Winner who has raised the dispute.
27. Subject to the provision of 26 above, the Courts having jurisdiction under the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, to determine all matters which the Court is entitled to determine under the Act, including, without limitation, provision of interim relief’s under the provisions of Section 9 of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, shall exclusively be the courts at Hyderabad, India.