Shreya Ghoshal 2020 Live in London Concert Contest
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the entire process for the Contest ( as defined below) as detailed herein for participation in the Shreya Ghoshal 2020 Live in London Concert (“Concert”) Contest (“Contest”) and shall be binding on each participant (“ Participant”, “Your” and/or “You”) residing in the United Kingdom (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Territory”) who voluntarily desire to participate in the Contest hosted by Star India Private Limited together with its affiliates, including but not limited to Star Advertising Sales Limited UK (collectively referred to as “STAR/Company”) for the purpose of selection and participation of Participants in the Contest.
The Contest shall be governed by the Contest Terms, and, by entering the Contest, each Participant acknowledges that they have read and understood, and unconditionally agree to comply with and abide by these Contest Terms. It is clarified that STAR’s decisions on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects.
STAR shall promote the Contest on the channels “Star Plus UK”, Star Gold UK and Star Bharat UK” (“ Channel(s)”) and on its Facebook Page, Twitter and Instagram handles at the https://www.facebook.com/pg/STARPlusUnitedKingdom , @STARTVUK and @Starplus.uk (“Facebook Page”).
The Contest shall commence on 10th February 2020 at 12:00 AM GMT and shall conclude on 28th February at 11.59 pm GMT (“ Contest Period”).
(I) Participants’ Eligibility
To participate in the Contest the Participant(s) must comply with the below:
1. The Participant(s) must be individual citizens/resident of the Territory and of 18 (eighteen)years of age or older at the start date of the Contest Period.
2. The Participant(s) should not have any criminal conviction or an arrangement or a contract that prevents the Participant(s) from participating in the Contest. The Participant(s) should be legally eligible, as per the laws of the jurisdiction to which the Participant(s) is(are) subject, to enter into a contract.
3. The Contest is not open to the employees (permanent or contracted) and directors, including each of their immediate family members, of (i) STAR, its parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated companies (collectively, “ STAR Entities”); and (ii) advertising and promotion agencies, the distributors, suppliers of prizes, including each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and/or entities connected with the promotion of the Contest (collectively, the “Sponsors ”).
4. STAR reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants.
5. Non-conformance by the Participant(s) with any and all of the Terms and Conditions herein or as set by STAR from time to time will make such Participant’s Entry(ies) (as defined hereafter) null and void.
(II) Participation Mechanism:
1. A question related to the show “ Dadi Amma Dadi Amma Maan Jaao!” with three answer options – two incorrect and one correct (“Question”) shall appear during the show “Dadi Amma Dadi Amma…Maan Jaao!” (airing from Monday to Friday at 6:30 p.m. GMT, only on Star Plus UK) (the “ Show”). The Question shall appear at any time during the Show, during the Contest Period, and as many times as may be decided by STAR
2. To enter the Contest, Participants must watch the Channel(s) during the Contest Period and select the correct answer to the Question during Contest Period. To send in their answers, Participant(s) may SMS STARPLUS ‘space’ answer i.e. STARPLUS A/ STARPLUS B/ STARPLUS C to 60060 (“ Entry”).
3. STAR will post new Questions on the Show on a weekly basis.
4. Only the first Entry for a specific Question by Participant(s) shall be allowed and considered for the purpose of the Contest. For the sake of clarity, if a Participant has submitted their first entry with the incorrect answer and subsequently with the correct answer, only the first Entry shall the considered for the Contest, and the subsequent Entry shall be considered null and void.
5. An Entry will be deemed valid only on provision of all information requested along with the answer to a Question.
6. Any details submitted by the Participant must be accurate and complete and are subject to the provision of proof(s) by the Participant, upon request by STAR.
7. Participant(s) must enter the Contest on their own behalf and Entry(ies) by proxies shall not be accepted.
8. The Entries received before the commencement and/or after the expiration of the Contest Period shall be void. Any incomplete and/or illegible Entries will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest and the receipt of any prize.
9. STAR shall not be responsible for any Entry submitted but not received or recorded due to any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, STAR shall not be responsible for technical errors of any nature whatsoever that results in an Entry not being received. Any automated receipt of confirmation does not constitute proof of actual receipt of the Entry.
10. Only eligible Entries received from eligible Participants, during the Contest Period, will be considered for the Contest.
11. Entries should provide all required information requested from the Participant(s). If the same is not complied with, then the Entry will not be considered for the Contest and will be disqualified.
12. The Participant(s) shall ensure that the Entry is original, decent and is not immoral, defamatory, abusive, offensive, insensitive, libellous or blasphemous to any person nor does it violate the right to privacy of any person. The Participant(s) hereby agrees and confirms that the Entry is in compliance with all applicable laws of the Territory and agrees to keep STAR, STAR Entities and/or Sponsors indemnified from any claim thereto.
13. The Participant(s) agrees that the Entry shall be free of any virus/trojans/spyware/malware or any such program which may harm the recipient’s computers/ system/servers etc. or contain any links which are intended to harm and/or provide unauthorized access to the recipient’s computer and the data therein.
14. The Participant(s) represents that the Entry is authentic and not fabricated for the purposes of the Contest.
(III) Consent for Procuring Personal Information
(a) Your Personal Information (including but not limited to your name, your username, location/city, email ID, phone number and address, the contents of your Tweet) is being collected by STAR pursuant to the Contest Terms, in connection with the Contest. You hereby also agree that it is necessary for the Company to collect the Personal Information in connection with your participation in the Contest and for the uses set out below.
(b) Your Personal Information will be collected, retained and used by the Company only for the Contest and for promotional/gratification purposes around the Contest and for no other purpose.
(c) Your Personal Information may be used for the Contest, in various formats and media, including television, digital, social media, print for marketing and promotional activities in respect of the Contest on the STAR network.
(d) The Company has informed you of your rights to: (i) review your Personal Information for deficiencies and inaccuracies, and request the Company to amend the Personal Information, to the extent deemed feasible by the Company; and (ii) withdraw the consent provided hereunder. Provided that the Company shall not be liable for any collection, storage, use, transfer or disclosure of Personal Information prior to such withdrawal of consent or request for amendment of Personal Information. Additionally, upon any such withdrawal of consent or request to review and amend your Personal Information, the Company shall be entitled to disqualify your Entry and/or participation in the Contest, as deemed fit and necessary by the Company at its sole discretion.
(e) All your Personal Information is true, correct and complete in all respects, and in no circumstances will the Company be liable for either the authenticity of the Personal Information or any inaccuracies or deficiencies in your Personal Information.
(f) The Company has provided you with the option to opt out of providing you Personal Information.
(g) You hereby agree to abide by the Contest Terms.
(III) Selection Process and Gratification:
1. STAR will within seven (7) days after the expiry of the Contest Period shortlist and contact two (2)) Participants (using a randomiser to select the winners from among all Participants who have answered the Question correctly and are eligible for the Prize (“Winners”). Such Winners shall be required to fulfil all of the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions including submitting of valid Documents (defined herein below) to the satisfaction of STAR
2. The Winners will be contacted on the phone number through which the Entry was submitted. Such Winner will be required to execute any and all legal documents as required by the Company including but not limited to submitting all the necessary documents and also furnish the documents as sought and as required by the Company, to verify the Personal Information provided by the Participant(s) including but not limited to age proof and address proof (e.g. Passport/Resident Visa/ any other valid ID for verification) (“Documents) within 48 (forty-eight) hours of STAR contacting the Participant(s). Each of the selected Winners shall be required to furnish the necessary documentation in original to confirm the eligibility details, etc. In case a Winner is unable to furnish the original Document(s) to verify the eligibility details, the said Winner shall be disqualified from the Contest, at the sole discretion of the Company. In the event that the Winners fail to submit the Documents within the stipulated time, their participation shall be invalidated and they shall forfeit their chance to win the Prize. It is clarified that STAR shall not be obligated to shortlist any other Participant(s) in place of such forfeited Winner. However, the Winner(s) agree to inform STAR of their inability to attend the Concert at the earliest, if such inability arises at any time after the initial acceptance of the Prize.
3. The communication to the Winners would be done within seven (7) days from the end of the Contest Period. In the event, such communication to the Winner(s) is postponed for any reason whatsoever, STAR will not be held responsible for and there shall be no announcement of Winners on any public forum or otherwise.
4. STAR shall not be responsible if the Winner(s) are not available at the phone numbers provided by them in the Entries and as a result of which the Winner loses their chance to receive the Prize.
5. In the event that STAR is of the opinion none of the Entries are eligible to be selected as a Winner, then STAR may exercise its discretion not to select any winning Entry.
6. STAR shall make only one (1) attempt to reach the Winner(s). In case they do not revert, the selection shall be invalidated and STAR shall not be liable to such Winner(s) in any manner whatsoever.
7. The Winner(s) shall be required to be present in such location as required by the Company to receive two (2) tickets to the Concert, one for the Participant and one for their plus one. (“Prize”).
8. The Winner shall be solely responsible for their and their plus one’s travel to and from the Concert location at its sole cost without any recourse to STAR. The Winner shall be responsible for and shall bear any other costs, expenses and charges not specified as being included in the Prize description informed to the Winner from time to time
9. STAR shall not be liable if any Winner misses the Concert or for any loss/ damage to their person or property caused/incurred during transit to the Concert venue to receive the Prize. The Winner(s) shall keep STAR indemnified for any loss suffered as a result of the same.
10. STAR shall not be responsible for payment towards food, merchandise, alcohol, cigarette, laundry, telephone etc. consumed by the Winner(s).
11. The Winner(s) and their plus one(s) shall make a declaration as to their physical and mental fitness and shall indemnify STAR against any losses that they may suffer jointly or severally on account of or by reason of any of the representations and warranties.
12. If any selected Winner is unable to or does not claim the Prize for any reason whatsoever, they shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the Contest and forfeited their right to claim the Prize.
13. All decisions taken by STAR shall be final and binding and shall not be subject to any appeal of any nature whatsoever. Entry in the Contest shall be construed to mean that the Participant(s) has(ve) waived their right to dispute any decision(s) made by STAR.
14. STAR reserves the right to withdraw the Prize should the selected Winner(s) fail to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions and/or applicable laws or for any reason whatsoever.
15. STAR, STAR Entities and the Sponsors assume no responsibility and shall not be held liable for any damages, losses, injuries, inconvenience or any other liabilities of any nature whatsoever arising in connection with the fulfilment of any Prize, nor for any changes in dates or times or cancellations which may prevent the selected Winner(s) from availing of the Prize offered.
16. Each Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that STAR or STAR Entities shall not be held responsible for any acts or omissions on the part of the distributors while availing of the subscription of the Channels and/or access to internet platform. It is solely the responsibility and discretion of the distributors in their respective Territory to distribute the Channels to a particular Participant in any manner which they deem fit.
17. In case the Participant(s) and/or Winner(s) fail to produce any documents required by STAR for the purpose of verification of compliance with these Terms and Conditions, such Participant(s) and/or Winner(s) shall stand disqualified without any liability to STAR.
18. The Prize is non-transferrable and non-exchangeable. For the purpose of clarity, no cash equivalent or alternative prize shall be given to the Winner(s) and the Winner(s) cannot exchange the Prize for a gift of equivalent value. Further, the Prize won is personal to the Winner(s) and the Winner(s) cannot transfer the Prize to any other person(s).
(IV) Additional Terms:
1. The Winner(s) and their plus one(s) shall also be required to comply with the terms and rules as may be published, displayed and/or communicated by the promoter of the Concert, from time to time.
2. STAR reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing Contest Terms or withdraw the Contest without giving prior notice. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Participant(s) check the Contest Terms on the website of STAR i.e. www.startv.com.
3. STAR reserves the rights to terminate or temporarily suspend the Contest at any time, with or without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
4. Under no circumstances will STAR, STAR Entities and/or the Sponsors be liable for any consequential, indirect, special, punitive, or incidental damages or lost profits, whether direct or indirect, arising in any way whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
5. The Winner(s) hereby acknowledge and agree that the relationship between the Winner(s) and STAR is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship.
6. The Winner(s) hereby agree to be bound by the Contest Terms and/or by any subsequent revisions of the Contest Terms (“ Revised Terms”). STAR reserves the right to amend, add or delete any of the terms at its sole and absolute discretion without further notice. The Revised Terms (if any) shall supersede all prior Contest Terms.
7. All Entries shall become the property of STAR and/or STAR Entities. By entering the Contest, the Winner(s) grant STAR and STAR Entities unlimited use of their names, address, voice, photographs, statements and/or likeness including the Entry in any and all media without remuneration throughout the world in perpetuity for the purpose of publicity and/or advertising.
8. For the sake of clarity, all rights, title and interest in Entry shall vest with the STAR and may be utilized by STAR at a later point in time, at its sole discretion. The Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) hereby irrevocably, perpetually and for the entire world, assign all rights, title and interest including rights in any intellectual property vested in the Entry to the STAR including but not limited to the right to make any adaptation, rights in any form of exploitation etc.
9. All ancillary costs associated with the receipt or use of the Prize, whether direct and/or indirect, including without limitation charges (including visa charges), expenses, taxes (including airport taxes), costs, etc. are the sole responsibility of the selected Winner(s).
10. By providing any Personal Information to STAR and/or entering the Contest, each Participant thereby waives their privacy rights and/or any privacy expectations they have with respect to the use of their likeness or Personal Information furnished to STAR. If a Participant does not wish to have their information and/or likeness viewed by or disclosed to others, they should not enter the Contest.
11. Participants agree to not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to, infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights, impersonates another person, is invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging and/or violates any law for the time being in force,
12. The Winner(s) agree that if due to any reason, whatsoever, beyond the control of STAR the Prize and/or anything in connection to the Prize and/or the enjoyment of the Prize becomes ineffective or invalid, STAR cannot be held responsible and/or liable for the same.
13. STAR is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any injury, death, mental trauma caused to the Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) in any manner whatsoever or for any reason whatsoever in connection to the Contest and/or Prize.
14. The Winner(s) shall do any and all acts and execute any and all documents in such manner and at such location as may be required by STAR in its sole and absolute discretion to protect, perfect or enforce any of the rights granted or confirmed to STAR failing which their selection shall be forfeited.
15. The Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) shall fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless, STAR its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively the “Indemnified Persons”) from and against any and all losses, claims, actions, damages, liabilities, penalties, costs and expenses, (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and court fees) (collectively “Losses”), that the Indemnified Person may incur or suffer or likely to incur or suffer as a result of or arising out any (i) breach of any terms hereunder; (ii) wilful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions; (iii) any claims by any third party for any losses, damages, costs, expenses, injuries suffered by such third party, arising out of or in relation to the Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) during the Contest and/or enjoyment of the Prize.
16. The Winners of the Contest agree that they shall make themselves and their plus ones available from time to time and co-operate with STAR and participate in any activity and/or campaign (“ Promotional Activity”) of any nature whatsoever without any money payable to the Winners or their plus ones. Further, the Winners and their plus ones shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever. The Winners agree that the footage of any nature (including during the Promotional Activity and during the Concert) with regard to the Winners and their plus ones shall vest with STAR, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity.
17. By participating in the Contest, it shall be construed that the Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) have waived their right to raise any dispute with regard to the Contest and/or the Prize and/or any decision of STAR, in any manner whatsoever.
18. The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws of India. All matters with respect to the Contest are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Mumbai.
19. Limitations of Liability: By entering the contest, each Participant (which shall include all Winners) acknowledges and agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and associated with entering the Contest (if any)notwithstanding the foregoing, under no circumstances will star and/or star entities be liable for any consequential, indirect, special punitive, or incidental damages or lost profits, whether direct or indirect, arising in any way whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise