SS Tamil Cricket Quiz
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Key rules & regulations governing participation in Aattathukku Readya? (SS Tamil Cricket Quiz)
1. The following rules and regulations (“Rules and Regulations”) govern the entire process for the participation in the ‘Aattathukku Readya? (SS Tamil Cricket Quiz) which consists of a preliminary and a final round as specified below (“Game”) and shall be binding on each participant (“Participant”, “Your” and/or “You”) residing in India (referred to as “Territory”) who voluntarily desire to participate in the Game hosted by Star India Private Limited together with its affiliates(“STAR/Company”). To be eligible for participation, the Participants must participate in teams of 2(two) (referred to as “Team”).
3. The Game shall be governed by the Rules and Regulations, and, by entering the Game, each Participant acknowledges that he/she has read and understood, and unconditionally agrees to comply with and abide by these Rules and Regulations. The decisions of STAR on all matters relating to the Game shall be final and binding in all respects.
5. STAR shall promote the Game on its Twitter Page [@StarSportsTamil], Instagram handle [@StarSportsTamil] and other official handles of STAR (“Social Media Official Handle”).
6. The Game shall be available on sstamilcricketquiz.com (“Game Website”).
7. To be eligible for participation in the preliminary round of the Game, a Participant/Team will be required to register on the Game Website by providing certain details like their name, email address, phone number and their teammate’s name, phone number and email address along with the Team name. Post which they will be registered, and a Unique Identifier will be allocated to them. Post the allocation of the Unique Identifier: (i) the Registered Team will be required to answer questions relating to cricket on the Game Website (more detailed below); (ii) Out of all the Registered Team, only 8 Shortlisted Teams will be participating in the final round of the Game; and (iii) From the 8 Shortlisted Teams, Winners will be announced and Prizes will be awarded.
8. Non-conformance by the Participant(s) to any and all the Rules and Regulations herein or as set by STAR from time to time will make such Participant’s entry into the Game as null and void.
9. The preliminary round of the Game is available in English and Tamil languages, but the final round of the Game will be conducted in Tamil only.
10. The Participant/Team represents and warrants that they have the ability to understand and speak Tamil.
11. All Participants are advised to remain in areas with strong and stable/continuous network signal of the telecom operator or internet service provider to ensure smooth functioning of the Game.
12. The Game requires the Participants to answer general knowledge types of questions on cricket.
13. All Participants can only participate in the Game after clicking on the “Accept” button to these Rules and Regulations.
14. By accepting these Rules and Regulations to participate in the Game, the Participant gives consent to publish his/her score/Team Name/others on our Social Media Official Handle after appropriate filtering mechanism designed by the Company. The Company will not be responsible or liable for any claims regarding the exercise of the Company’s discretion in this regard. The Company shall not be responsible for any kind of claims, damages, and outrage arising due to the participation of the Participants posted by the Participants. Additionally, the Company shall not be responsible for any violation of Intellectual Property rights that may arise out of any content posted by the Participant.
15. Each Team shall be assigned a Unique Identifier for that respective Team. The points are not transferable between Unique Identifier. Only one Participant from the Team can login and play the preliminary round of the Game.
16. The Company reserves the right to modify and/or cancel the Game based on programming, technical requirements, unfavorable climatic conditions and/ or any other reasons as the Company may deem fit. The Game in such circumstances could be rescheduled, extended, cancelled or terminated in entirety.
17. Decisions made by the Company shall be final and the Company shall not be responsible for factors including but not limited to loss of data/points or any other advantage/disadvantage caused to Participants due to technical errors or issues in their device, application, login interface/multiple logins for the same Unique Identifier, any other Participant-led gamification manipulation, internet connection, latency and/or network coverage.
19. The Participation in the Game Play will be governed by the requirements of the Territory’s privacy laws only.
20. In case of any queries, please write to Hello@starsports.com with your concerns/issues related to the Game Play. All endeavors shall be made to reply to the queries within reasonable time on a best effort basis. However, the absence of a reply shall not be deemed to mean acceptance by the Company of any claims made in the query.
Refer the detailed Rules & Regulations mentioned below governing the Game.
DETAILED RULES & REGULATIONS GOVERNING PARTICIPATION IN THE GAME
1. GAME DESCRIPTION
“Aattathukku Readya? (SS Tamil Cricket Quiz) which consists of a preliminary and a final round” is a skill based online game (‘the Game’), the preliminary round of which is being hosted and can be played on the Game Website. The final round of the Game will be played on video conference call and will be telecasted on Star Sports 1 Tamil or any other channel of STAR at its sole discretion. The Game Play is meant to test the Participant’s knowledge of cricket. The Company may run other forms of contests, games hosted by the Company or third-party Sponsors and Partners during the course of the Game.
2. KEY DEFINITIONS
1. For the purposes of the Rules & Regulations, the expressions used herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them as below:
a. “Company” means Star India Private Limited; and includes its associates and affiliates for the purposes of the Game.
b. “Device(s)” shall mean Computers, Laptops, smartphones running the Android (with version 4.4 and above)/ iOS (with version 10 and above) operating platforms etc, capable of receiving and transmitting data including via Internet and/or mobile communications technology and/or any other similar technology. The Game may work on sim-based tablets and Devices other than smartphones operating on the Android (version 4.4 and above) or iOS (version 10 and above) operating platforms.
c. “Game Play” refers to the act of participating in the Game by answering the questions pertaining to the Game.
d. “Game Data” refers to the Participant information and Participant-specific Game related data collected by the Company during the Game.
e. Intentionally Deleted.
f. “Intellectual Property” shall include but not be limited to copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, domain names and / or any other legal interests recognized or protected as intellectual property.
g. “Game Intellectual Property” shall include but not limited to the Game creatives, game format, scoring format, all trademarks and copyrights obtained by the Company for the purposes of this Game, domain names and terminologies used in this document to define specific aspects of the Game and any other Intellectual Property associated or related or developed in relation to the Game.
h. Intentionally Deleted
i. “Point(s)” refers to a numerical mark or unit of scoring awarded for successfully answering a question correctly during Game Play.
j. “Registered Team” means a Team that has registered successfully on the Game Website and accepts these Rules and Regulations to access and / or participate in the Game.
k. “Rules & Regulations” means these rules and regulations governing the Game, as stated herein in entirety and as may be amended by the Company from time to time without prior notice, and includes Key Rules accompanying the version of the Game in the Game Website;
l. “Score(s)” means the cumulative Points won by a Team while playing the Game Play.
m. “Unique Identifier” refers to the unique identification i.e. the Team Name assigned to each Team of the Game who accepts the Rules and Regulations for the Game.
n. “the Game” refers to the playing of the game Aattathukku Readya? (SS Tamil Cricket Quiz) (“Game Play”). The preliminary round of the Game is available on the Game Website which may be played by the Registered Team on the Device(s) and the final round of the Game will be played on video conference call and will be telecasted on Star Sports 1 Tamil or any other channel of STAR at its sole discretion in accordance with the Rules & Regulations and includes all versions of the Game.
o. “Participant(s)" means any person(s) in a Team who (i) agrees to enter and participate in the Game Play in accordance with the Rules and Regulations as defined in this document (ii) plays the Game on the Game Website, video conference call (as applicable) (iii) be present in the Territory and (iv) be of sound mind and health (v) not have criminal conviction or an arrangement or a contract that prevents the Participant(s) from participating in the Game.
p. “Shortlisted Team(s)” means the Teams shortlisted for the final round of the Game from the pool of participating Teams who have registered on the Game Website.
3. PROCEDURE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME
i. Eligibility & Participation
1. The Game is made available in English and Tamil on the standalone website sstamilcricketquiz.com (“Game Website”) of the authorized vendor of the Company as accessible on the Devices. The final round of the Game will be conducted in Tamil language.
2. This paragraph is intentionally deleted.
3. To participate in the Game Play, the User should (i) agree to enter and participate in the Game Play in accordance with the Rules and Regulations as defined in this document (ii) play the Game on the Game Website, (iii) be present in the Territory and (iv)be of sound mind and health (v) not have criminal conviction or an arrangement or a contract that prevents the Participant(s) from participating in the Game. The Participation in the Game Play will be governed by the relevant law of data privacy requirements only.
4. All the Participant must be citizens of India residing in India during the Game Period and must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age as on the date of participating in the Game.
1. By Participating in the Game, the Participant/Team allows the Company to access and display personal information such as name, Team name and Scores on the Social Media Official Handle.
2. Prior to proceeding, the Participant agrees with the Rules and Regulations governing the Game.
4. The registration for the Game Play is available on the Game Website from 00:01: of 26th July, 2020 to 23:59 of 2nd August, 2020 or any other date/time specified by the Company (“Game Period”). The Game Play is available to all Registered Team, and is accessible for viewing and/or playing, for the duration as defined by the Company i.e. from 00:01: of 31st July, 2020 to 23:59 of 2nd August, 2020 or any other date/time specified by the Company. All entries from the Participants as per this paragraph must be received during the Game Period indicated herein. Entries received before or after the Game Period will not be considered for the Game and shall be deemed null and void without requirement of any further intimation by STAR.
5. Each time a Participant accepts the Rules and Regulations, he/she shall be assigned a Unique Identifier for the Team for the purposes of the Game. The Points will not be transferable between Unique Identifiers, irrespective of Devices used for Game Play.
6. The Game Play Points shall accrue to the Unique Identifier linked to the Registered Team. The Points will be accrued and associated to one Unique Identifier only; the first response for every question captured on the Company servers shall be considered for scoring.
The Points shall accrue to the Unique Identifier as per the following scenarios:
Type of Participant
Treatment of Points
The Points will be accrued to a Unique Identifier and the Points will be issued against the same Unique Identifier.
7. In case of loss of Points due to loss of Device or loss of Points due to multiple logins from the same Device, any other any other Participant-led gamification manipulation, or any other technical glitches, the Company shall not be responsible to identify the actual Participant who has played the Game Play and no questions/queries or requests in this regard shall be entertained. The Company’s decision on whether the Participant should be credited unclaimed Points shall be final and binding on all Users that participate in the Game Play. In case the Company identifies any malpractice/ fraudulent usage / unfair advantage including but not limited to use of cheats, exploits, automation, software, bots or any unauthorized third-party software, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the Participant without any prior notice/intimation.
iii. Charges for the Game
1. Please note that the access to the Game Website is free of cost, however, the access of the Website shall consume data/internet charges. Therefore, the access of the Game Website and the Game Play will result in the use and consumption of data for which data charges as charged by your internet/telecom operator may apply. For further details, please contact your internet/telecom operator.
2. The Company will not and does not receive any monies and/or consideration from the internet/telecom operators and/or any third party, in connection with the data consumed by the Participant for playing the Game.
iv. Game Format
The Game will be divided into 2 (two) rounds: Preliminary Round and the Final Round.
For the Preliminary Round:
1. The Preliminary round will have 30 questions for the Team/Participant to answer. The questions will be from 3 (three) different buckets differentiated by points, timing and the level of difficulty.
(a) Easy – 5 Points – 25 seconds to answer
(b) Intermediate – 10 points – 30 seconds to answer
(c) Tough – 15 points – 35 seconds to answer
Participants will get 10 questions from each bucket.
1. Players must confirm their answers within given time limit.
2. This Game can be played only once by a given Participant/Team.
3. Once the Participant/Team completes all the rounds, the 8 Shortlisted Teams will be published on our Social Media Official Handle.
4. No point shall be awarded if the time allocated to that question/round runs out.
Outcome of preliminary round:
A total of 8 (eight) Teams from the Registered Team will be shortlisted to participate in the final round i.e. the broadcast round. The selection of these 8 teams will be done on straightforward bases i.e. the team with most points will go through to the broadcast round. In case of a tie or in case there are more than 8 teams qualifying, the following criteria shall be followed;
(a) Time in which answered
(b) Number of Tough questions answered
(c) Number of Intermediate questions answered
(d) Number of Easy questions answered
In case there is a further tie in selection of the 8 Shortlisted Team, then STAR at its sole discretion shall decide the manner in which the Shortlisted Teams will be selected.
The final round will be conducted via video conference call and will be telecasted on Star Sports 1 Tamil or any other channel as per sole discretion of STAR. The Shortlisted Team hereby represents and warrants that they understand and speak Tamil language.
For the Final Round
Structure of the Final Round
The Final round will be divided in episodes where the Shortlisted Teams will be playing against each other. The Team name can be changed at STAR’s sole discretion. Each episode will have 5(five) rounds. The rounds will consist of factual questions, questions based on audios, videos, images etc.
Each Round will vary from the other. The Final decision will be left to the quiz master’s discretion. The format of the Game can be changed at any time at the sole discretion of STAR.
- Each direct question carries 10 points.
- Teams get 30/60 seconds to answer each question.
- Time starts after asking the question for the first time.
- Quiz master’s decision will be final.
- Decisions will be left to the quiz master’s discretion.
1. The internet accessibility of the Team should be strong.
2. Functional Device (laptop/mobile) required for the show.
As gratification, STAR shall reach out to the top 3(three) winners of the Game (the “Winners”) with e-vouchers in the manner specified below (the “Prize(s)”).
- The Winning team will receive e-vouchers worth INR 50,000/-
- The Runner up team will receive e-vouchers worth INR 30,000/-
- The 2 Semi-finalists team will receive e-vouchers worth INR 20,000/- per team.
1. The Team(s) shall be evaluated by the judges appointed by STAR at its discretion (“Judges”). The Judges panel will judge the Team (s) on the basis of their performance and such other criteria as may be determined by STAR in its sole discretion.
2. The Company reserves the right to edit/add more question / answer options, change the Points associated with a question, change the Points required to accumulate within each Round (including sub-Rounds) and take appropriate action in case any answer option does not qualify the above.
3. The order and frequency in which each type of question may be asked is at the sole discretion of the Company.
4. The Participant will have to provide answers for each Question within the Timer (the time specified in each round for answering a question), which starts from the time the question appears on the Participant’s Device. The Participant will win points as per the scoring process and be eligible to qualify for the final rounds and/or win the Prize.
5. The Participant may be notified verbally or by any other means of the the correct and/or incorrect answer at STAR’s sole discretion.
6. Only those options/answers which are received within the stipulated time, will be considered valid.
7. The Company may increase and/or reduce the stipulated time to answer each question at its sole discretion and the decision of the Company in this regard, will be final and binding on the Participant(s). Once the Participant selects an answer option for the question presented during the Game Play, the Participant will not be allowed to change the answer option. If for any technical and/or non-technical reasons, the Company’s servers fail to register any option/answer provided and/or selected by the Participant, the Company, shall not be responsible for such delayed receipt or non-receipt or incomplete receipt or receipt of corrupted answers.
8. In the event the Participant/ Team’s responses to any of the questions during the Game Play is not received within the stipulated time, due to any unforeseen reasons or errors including but not limited to technical or network errors or glitches, the Participant will not be allotted any Points for answering the question, notwithstanding the fact that the Participant may have correctly answered the question through the Device within the Timer on the screen of the Device.
9. In case multiple answer entries are received from Participant(s)/Team for the same question, due to any unforeseen reasons or errors including but not limited to technical or network errors or glitches, the Company may at its sole discretion, choose the answer received at the first and foremost attempt by the Participant as recorded in the Company’s servers.
10. The Company will not entertain any claims/questions/queries with respect to the authenticity and/or correctness of any questions and answers for the questions.
11. The Company’s decision on the correctness or incorrectness of Participant Points computation is final and binding on all.
12. STAR reserves the right to forfeit the Prize(s) in the event STAR has a reason to believe that any information provided by any of the Winners is wrong, fraudulent or any misrepresentation is made by any of the Winners. STAR shall have the right to declare any of the other Participant(s)/Team as the Winners of the Game, at its discretion, and to provide the Prize to such other Participants/Teams. The Winners agree not to hold STAR and/or its group companies and/or their respective employees responsible for any failure or delay in featuring the final round of the Game on STAR’s channels including on Star Sports 1 Tamil. STAR and/or any of its group companies shall not be held liable for any failure, inaccuracy, and/or any other defect or deficiency in the Game. Neither STAR nor its group companies shall be liable for any delays or failures in any notifications or the Game in general.
13. The Winners agree that Prizes cannot be transferred, negotiated, refunded or exchanged. It is clarified that no other gratification, cash equivalent of the Prize or alternative prizes will be awarded to any of the Winners and they cannot exchange the Prize for cash or a gift of similar value. The Game or the Prizes cannot be combined with any other contest or activity. It is clarified that STAR has no obligation to record any part of the Game and to telecast the same on STAR’s channels and platforms or to otherwise mention it on its channels and platforms. If any of the Winners refuses to accept the Prize awarded, STAR and/or its group companies shall be released from all obligations towards such Winners in connection to the Prize or otherwise.
14. The Shortlisted Team will be required to submit necessary supporting documentation to establish their identity/age/ residency etc. and their compliance with these Terms and Conditions and any applicable laws within timelines specified by STAR, to be eligible for any gratification or participation in the final round of the Game. In the event that any Shortlisted Team fails to furnish such documentation within the timelines indicated by STAR, then his/her selection as a Shortlisted Team shall stand invalidated. In such a case: (a) STAR and/or its group companies shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever and the Prize/ and or selection shall stand forfeited in respect of that Shortlisted Team; and (b) STAR may, at its sole discretion, by the prescribed selection criteria, choose other Participant(s) to receive such Prize in place of such person.
15. The Company reserves the right use the footage/ excerpts from any recording for the purpose of the Game for its own use including but not limited to any commercial utilization of the same.
16. The Participants (including the Winners) agree and consent to the use of their entry(ies) in anything recorded for the purpose of the Game and/or any part thereof by STAR or its affiliates as it may deem fit for the purpose of promotion of the Game or for any other purpose, STAR and/or its group companies and/or any programs/events on any channels/platforms owned or operated by STAR or any of its group companies (the “ Network”). In consideration for the participation in the Game, the Participants (including the Winners) hereby irrevocably, exclusively, perpetually and for the entire universe assign all right, title and interest in anything recorded for the purpose of the Game including any rights of Exploitation thereof, to STAR, during or pursuant to the Game. “Exploitation/Exploit” shall mean the exploitation of anything recorded for the purpose of the Game and/or any part thereof including along with its cognate forms and grammatical variations, and includes the exploitation, use, alteration, broadcast, rebroadcast, communication, encryption, transmission, translation adaptation, publication, cutting, editing, and packaging of the Intellectual Property vested in anything recorded for the purpose of the Game or any part thereof, either in whole or in part, in any form/format or language, as well as the conversion of the anything recorded for the purpose of the Game and/or any part thereof from one form/format to another and in relation to in anything recorded for the purpose of the Game and/or any part thereof, for incorporation in a Cinematograph Film or Sound Recording, Communication to the Public, Broadcast, Performance in Public, adaptation, reprography, reproduction, distribution, sale, commercial rental, assignment, licensing, merchandising rights, remakes, sequels, prequels, versions, translations, dubbing and/or subtitling in any all languages/dialects in the world, converting anything recorded for the purpose of the Game into a film for theatrical Exploitation, including but not limited to the broadcasting thereof by any form of radio, internet and any and all form of television including but not limited to terrestrial, satellite, direct to home, cable, IPTV, any form of video on demand (including but not limited to Pay-per-View, AVOD, NVOD, SVOD, PVOD, FVOD) made available for being seen or heard or delivered or Exploited through wire or wireless including but not limited to internet, websites including but not limited to social networking websites, blogs, internet or mobile streaming or download services (whether free, pay or subscription based) computing and networking devices, mobile /telecommunication system based platforms, mobile TV, theatrical or non-theatrical or any other means whether now known or existing or in commercial use or hereinafter invented or developed in the future in and to the Intellectual Property and all elements thereof. The capitalized terms ‘Broadcast’, ‘Communication to the Public’, ‘Cinematograph Film’, ‘Performance /Perform in Public’, ‘Sound Recording’, ‘Visual Recording’ shall have the same meanings as defined in the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 as amended from time to time and all analogous rights subsisting under the laws of each and every jurisdiction throughout the world. To the extent that the assignment of all rights, title and interest in anything recorded for the purpose of the Game and/or any part thereof, if any, subsisting in favour of the Participants/Winners, in relation to future medium or mode of exploitation of anything recorded for the purpose of the Game and/or any part thereof is not held valid by operation of law, the Participants/Winners hereby grant an irrevocable, exclusive, sub-licensable, perpetual right to STAR and its affiliates for such future medium or mode of exploitation of anything recorded for the purpose of the Game and/or any part thereof as may be developed in the future, for the entire world. Notwithstanding the above, the Participants (including the Winners) hereby agree that the Participants/Winners shall not assign or in any other manner transfer their rights if any in anything recorded for the purpose of the Game, including any part thereof, for such means and modes of Exploitation of any rights in anything recorded for the purpose of the Game and/or any part thereof, which are not mentioned herein and are not presently known or in commercial use and therefore by operation of law are not deemed to have been assigned to STAR without offering for assignment such modes or means of Exploitation of anything recorded for the purpose of the Game and/or any part thereof for the entire world and in perpetuity to STAR. The Participants/Winners agree and acknowledge that any form of assignment or transfer of any rights, title and interest in any such future modes and mean of Exploitation of their rights if any in anything recorded for the purpose of the Game and/or any part thereof to any third party in breach of such obligation herein, anywhere in the world, shall be null and void. Further, STAR may Exploit anything recorded for the purpose of the Game and/or any part thereof at any time it chooses, and it is expressly agreed by the parties that Section 19(4) of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 does not apply to the Terms & Conditions. The Participants (including the Winners) agree to waive off their “Moral Rights” with respect to anything recorded for the purpose of the Game. The Participants (including the Winners) shall do all acts and execute all documents in such manner and at such location as may be required by STAR in its sole and absolute discretion to protect, perfect or enforce any of the rights granted or confirmed to STAR herein.
17. The Participant(s) (including the Winners) of the Game agree that if so required by STAR, he/she shall make himself/herself available from time to time and co-operate with STAR and participate in any activity and/or Game ("Promotional Activity") of any nature and on any platform whatsoever without any money payable to the Participants. Further, the Participants (including the Winners) shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever and shall not do any act either directly or indirectly during such Promotional Activity which may bring STAR or any of its group companies into public disrepute or denigrate any of the preceding or offend any community or public morals. In all public appearances, the Participant(s) (including the Winners) shall use her/his judgment in general demeanor and choice of language to create an atmosphere which would be conducive to the services and/or promotion of the Network and/or any channel on the Network. The Participant(s) (including the Winners) agree that the footage/ picture/ photographs of the Participant(s) used during the course of the Game or for the purpose of the Game shall vest with STAR, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity and STAR may exploit the same in any manner and on any media whatsoever at any time throughout the world whether by itself or through its group companies. The Participants (including the Winners) agree and consent to the use of any text and/or information and/or any photograph and/or image and/or audio-visual recording and/or other components of his or her Entry(ies) on any channel/digital platform/Handles, as STAR may deem fit, for the purpose of promotion of the Game and/or the Network and/or any channels forming part of the Network and/or any event/program telecasted on the Network.
4. Other Terms and Conditions
1. The Game is meant for entertainment and recreational purposes only, and is not a contest, bet, award or challenge or other form of formal event.
2. The Game will be available only on the Game Website. The Company will not be responsible for any break or disconnection or disruption in network connectivity in any manner, irrespective of the network being used which results in any break during the Game. Network issues can disrupt various aspects of the Game such as receipt of questions and answer options, receipt of any sound, text, video feed related to the question, receipt by the Company of answer chosen by the Participant, etc. The Participant is advised to remain in an area with a strong and stable/ continuous mobile network signal of the telecom operator or internet service provider to ensure smooth functioning of the Game.
3. Any loss or outrage or dissatisfaction suffered during playing the Game Play by a Participant would not be the responsibility of the Company and/or its associates and affiliates, who will not be responsible to make good any such loss or dissatisfaction. Under no circumstances whatsoever, will the Participant be entitled to claim any damages against the Company and/or its associates and affiliates including but not limited to General and Special Damages, Consequential, Pecuniary and Non-Pecuniary, Liquidated, Aggravated, Exemplary Damages, Compensatory and Non-Compensatory, Nominal and Damages for Loss of Profit/ Loss of Opportunity.
4. In the event the response of the Participant is not received by the Company within the Stipulated Time period for the question for any reason, the Participant would not get points in the event that question(s) was answered correctly by him/her.
5. Other than the Game Website and Device(s), the preliminary round of the Game will not be accessible on any third party live TV streaming medium or any other operating systems/platforms.
6. The Company will endeavor to ensure that the integrity of the Game is maintained at all times and will take reasonable steps in this regard. In the event the Company receives information that the integrity of the Game or Game Play has been compromised in any manner, including by using unfair or unlawful means, the Company reserves the right to take all actions, including suspending the Participant from the Game, to protect itself, the Game Website and the Game and Game Play.
7. By agreeing to these Rules & Regulations, you permit the Company to use your name, email address and other details in the event your Score qualified for the final round of the Game.
8. None of the Participants shall, without the prior written approval of the Company, speak to the press or any other media or any third person, nor give any interviews or comments relating to any aspect of the Game. The Participant shall not disclose any information whatsoever relating to the Company to any other party. Violation of this clause shall immediately disqualify the Participant’s prospects of further participation.
9. Employees of and/ or consultants of STAR and/or persons hired on contract by STAR, sponsors, and the members of their immediate family, are ineligible to participate in the Game.
5. Systems and availability
1. Participants may need to adjust the Device display, font, brightness and resolution to default size or lower to ensure that they are able to play the Game on their Device(s) properly.
2. Participant is advised to keep the Device from which the Game is played, adequately charged. Low battery may result in shut down of the network and/or Device which could affect the Participant’s ability to play the Game.
3. The Company has ensured adequate redundancies with respect to the servers that are used to communicate with the Game Website for the Game. However, in the rare instance(s) that the servers are affected and are rendered non-functional, the Company will, at its discretion but not as an obligation, determine such measures as it may deem fit, including cancelling certain sections or segments or question(s) from the Game at the discretion of the Company.
4. An on-going Participant(s) could lose out on the opportunity to play one or more questions (and hence lose Points) in any of the following, but not exhaustive, situations:
i. Where a Participant answers a call/ message/ etc. on the Device where he/she is playing the Game;
ii. Where a Participant exits the Game Website while playing the Game;
iii. Where a Participant force quits the Game Website or restarts his/her Device during Game Play;
iv. Where there is a network drop or battery drain-out during Game Play;
v. Where the Device under use for Game Play hangs;
vi. Where the Device auto-locks, screen times out during the course of the Game;
vii. Where the Unique Identifier is used by multiple devices;
viii. Where the Team member or both the members of the team exists from the video conference call for any reason whatsoever.
5. In the event the Game Play is terminated mid-session for any reason whatsoever, or where the Game Play or the ability of a Participant to participate in the Game is affected by any network/ IT/ phone related issue, and/or where a Participant exits the Game in the middle of an on-going ball, the Participant will be permitted to rejoin the Game Play only when the next question is about to be displayed.
6. The situations present hereinabove are only by way of example and there could be additional situations, beyond the Company’s control, wherein the Participant’s Game Play may be interrupted, and/or the Participant may lose an opportunity to answer any question. Under all such scenarios, the Participant will be permitted to rejoin the Game Play only when the next question is played and the Company will not be liable in any manner for such interruption in the Game Play and/or any lost opportunity to answer any of the questions during Game Play, which results from technical and non-technical reasons attributable solely to the Participant, its Device, the internet and/or mobile networks and/or login issues through phone number/email ID and/or any other force majeure conditions.
7. The Company will not be responsible for any loss, outrage from or dissatisfaction suffered by the Participant, during Game or otherwise arising out of or resulting from the Game in general. The Company or its associates and affiliates will not be responsible to make good against any such loss, outrage or dissatisfaction.
8. While all attempts will be made to protect the Game Data, including the data pertaining to the correct answers given by each of the Participants, from loss and/or corruption, Participants agree and acknowledge that all systems are prone to failure and hacking attempts. In the event of any data loss, the Company shall make reasonable endeavors to continue with whatever data available in the manner it deems is fit. The Company will not be responsible for any damage resulting from the loss of data or the action taken by the Company for the continuity of the Game, on account of the same. The Company will not be held responsible to make good any loss or dissatisfaction suffered by the Participant, on account of such loss.
9. While the Company shall endeavor to make all reasonably practicable arrangements for the continuity of the Game, it cannot guarantee or assure seamless connectivity or continuous availability of the Game Website, server, system or software to the Participants during the conduct of the Game as these are dependent on external utilities/service providers and factors which could be beyond the control of the Company.
10. The Participant acknowledges and agrees to hold harmless the Company and/or any of its associates and affiliates for the application, network, process, technical or any other failures. Any losses, injury, discomfort, loss of privacy, inability to participate or any other discomfort of any sort caused to the Participant or the Participant’s property or device shall not be the responsibility of the Company.
11. In case any unauthorized activity is observed on the Game, Company reserves the right to disqualify the Participant causing and/or resorting to such unauthorized activity till such time as the Company deems fit. The Company would not be responsible to such Participant in any manner whatsoever on account of such disqualification.
12. Company shall not be liable for any failure of the Game Website server or system during the course of playing the Game.
13. Company and its sub-contractors are not responsible for delayed receipt or non-receipt or incomplete receipt or corrupted receipt of answers.
14. The Company accepts no liability and shall not be responsible and/or liable in any manner whatsoever in case the Participant(s) are unable to participate in the Game due to failure on the part of the telecom operator, internet service provider, facility provider, etc., or due to capacity constraints.
15. In the event the Game ceases to operate due to any unforeseen issues, including but not limited to technical issues or events of force majeure, the Company reserves the right to discontinue the Game for future and revise these Rules and Regulations to accommodate such discontinuation. The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any losses or damages caused due to such discontinuation.
16. It shall not be open for the Participant(s)/Team(s) or any of their representatives to require or demand an audit or verification of the any of the systems, databases, software, hardware of the Company and/or any of its associates and affiliates and its Partners used to host the Game Website or the Game, or any other criteria, process or system adopted by the Company as part of the process of conduct of the Game.
17. No person (i.e., either the Participant or any person on behalf of the Participant) shall initiate litigation against the Company, its associates and affiliates in any manner, in connection with the Game and/or the eligibility and/or the participation in the Game without first writing in to the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org setting out its concerns/issues and providing the Company a reasonable opportunity to address such concerns/issues.
6. Intellectual property
The Intellectual Property rights ("Intellectual Property Rights") in Game, underlying Company and material published on the Game Website, including (but not limited to) games, contests, advertisements, written content, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, marks, logos, audio or video clippings and Flash animation, is owned by the Company, its Partners, licensors and/or its affiliates and associates. Users may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or in any way exploit any of the materials or content on the Company either in whole or in part without express written license from Company.
7. User conduct
1. Participant(s) agree not to disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of any computer or server used to offer or support the Company or the Company Services.
2. Participant(s) shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the user accounts, servers or networks connected to Company services by any means other than the user interface provided by Company, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that underlies or is part of the Company services.
3. Participant(s) shall not attempt to transmit content regarding services, products, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or chain letters.
8. GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
2. The Participant hereby represents that he/she is not under any contract, exclusive or otherwise, with any other third party/ agency or is not under any kind of disqualification or disability under law, to enter into an agreement with the Company or its associates and affiliates, as the case may be.
3. The Participant shall undertake, warrant and guarantee to the Company that the Participant has the full legal capacity to participate in the Game, in accordance with these Rules & Regulations.
4. The Participant acknowledges that he/she has voluntarily chosen to participate in the Game at his / her free-will and is willing to bear all risk, costs & consequences arising from such participation in the Game.
5. The Participant shall not have any claim against the Company and/or any of its associates and affiliates connected with the Game. The Company, its associates and affiliates or vendors connected with the Game shall not be responsible for any such eventuality and the Participant(s) shall not be entitled to claim any compensation from the Company.
6. In the event of any fault, misunderstanding or dispute concerning any part of the Game, and/or the operation of the internet system or the validity of any question or answer options, the decision of the Company shall be final and binding on all Participant(s) and other persons. The Company is empowered to take a decision on any case or instances not covered by the present Rules & Regulations.
7. The Company reserves the right to amend (add to, delete or modify) the Rules & Regulations prospectively or retrospectively, at its discretion and without prior approval in order to improve the Game or remediate any issues that may occur. The Participant is requested to carefully read these Rules & Regulations from time to time before using the Game Website for participating in the Game. It shall be the Participant’s responsibility to check these Rules & Regulations periodically for changes. The Company may require the Participant to provide his/her direct or indirect consent to any update in a specified manner before further use of Game Website for Game Play. If no such separate consent is sought, his/her continued use of Game Website for Game Play, following such changes, will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
8. The Company has the sole right at any time/to alter/ amend/ withdraw/ replace/discontinue and/or terminate the Game without any prior intimation or notice to the public and the Company is not obligated in any manner whatsoever to compensate any person(s) who have participated in the Game.
9. If any provision of these Rules & Regulations is held by any Court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or part, the other provisions of these Rules & Regulations and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid. These Rules & Regulations and the Game shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and the Participant(s) submit irrevocably to the jurisdiction of the Courts in New Delhi.
10. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in relation to the Game or these Rules & Regulations shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 as amended from time to time, by a sole arbitrator nominated at the sole discretion of the Company. The place of arbitration shall be Mumbai. The Language will be English. The award of the arbitral tribunal is final and binding on the parties.
11. The Company is empowered to take a decision on any case not covered by the present Rules & Regulations.
12. The Company, its associates and affiliates will not be liable for any loss of earnings, employment or otherwise, caused to the Participant(s) and arising as a result of his/her participation in the Game.
13. The Participant(s) hereby agree to indemnify the Company, its associates and affiliates against any claims that might arise from his/her actions or omissions while participating in the Game.
14. The Participant hereby agrees and undertakes that, the Company is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any injury of any kind including mental and/or emotional trauma caused to the Participant(s) in any manner whatsoever, in relation to the Game.
15. The only way to enter the Game is through participation as described in these Rules & Regulations. Any person claiming that he/she can help get you access to the Game for a consideration is defrauding you. Please contact your local police and report this person immediately.
16. Any person(s) claiming that he/she can help get favorable access to the Game Play/ Offer prize(s) for a consideration (monetary/non-monetary) is defrauding. Please contact your local police and report this person/s immediately.
17. The Participant shall not have any ownership interest, license or other rights in the application for Game or any right in the Game Intellectual Property therein, whether by license, implication, estoppel or otherwise.
18. Subject to these Rules & Regulations, Company hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sub licensable and non-transferable license, limited to the Territory, to use the Game and the content solely for purposes of using the Game Play and services provided therein. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall not copy, republish, post, display, translate, transmit, reproduce or distribute any content through any medium without obtaining the necessary authorization from the Company or thirty party owners of such content.
19. Subject to the Rules & Regulations, the Participant(s) may access, view and otherwise use the Game (including, without limitation any services provided on or through the Game Website) for his/her personal (non-commercial), lawful use only. The Participant must not use the Game and any services provided through it in a manner which is prohibited by the Rules & Regulations or applicable law.
20. Company in its sole discretion may suspend or terminate and/or block the Participant(s) from accessing all or any part the Company’s Website and/or any service provided therein if he/she breaches or is suspected to be in breach of the Rules & Regulations or any applicable law or if he/she is found to be misusing the Game Website or are engaged in illegal or fraudulent use of Game Website in any manner. Suspension or termination of the Participant’s Game Play.
CONSENT FOR PROCURING PERSONAL INFORMATION
(a) Your Personal Information (including but not limited to your name, location/city, email ID, phone number and address, etc) is being collected by Star India Private Limited (“Company”) pursuant to Terms and Conditions available on the corporate website of the Company, in connection with the Game being organized by the Company called Aattathukku Readya? (SS Tamil Cricket Quiz) (“Game”) in order to showcase your skills in connection with your participation in the quiz, the final round of which is to be broadcasted on the Company’s networks. You hereby also agree that it is necessary for the Company to collect the Personal Information in connection with your participation in the Game and for the uses set out below.
(b) Your Personal Information will be collected, retained and used by the Company only for the Game and for promotional/gratification/feedback/research purposes around the Game and for no other purpose.
(c) Your Personal Information may be used for the Game, in various formats and media, including television, digital, social media, print for marketing and promotional activities in respect of the Game on the Star Sports network.
(d) The Company has informed you of your rights to: (i) review your Personal Information for deficiencies and inaccuracies, and request the Company to amend the Personal Information, to the extent deemed feasible by the Company; and (ii) withdraw the consent provided hereunder. Provided that the Company shall not be liable for any collection, storage, use, transfer or disclosure of Personal Information prior to such withdrawal of consent or request for amendment of Personal Information. Additionally, upon any such withdrawal of consent or request to review and amend your Personal Information, the Company shall be entitled to disqualify your entry and/or participation in the Game, as deemed fit and necessary by the Company at its sole discretion.
(e) All your Personal Information is true, correct and complete in all respects and in no circumstances, will the Company be liable for either the authenticity of the Personal Information or any inaccuracies or deficiencies in your Personal Information.
(f) The Company has provided me with the option to opt out of providing my Personal Information.
(g)You hereby agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Game available on the corporate website of the Company.