Star Quiz Challenge 2020 – Online game
Terms & Conditions
1. The following rules and regulations (“ Rules and Regulations”) govern the entire process for the participation in the Star Quiz Challenge 2020 (“Game”) and shall be binding on each participant (“Participant”, “ Your” and/or “You”) residing in the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Territory”) who voluntarily desire to participate in the Game hosted by Star Asianet Middle East FZ LLC together with its affiliates, associates, agencies etc., as the case may be (“ STAR/Company”).
3. The Game shall be governed by the Rules and Regulations, and, by entering the Game, each Participant acknowledges that they have read and understood, and unconditionally agree to comply with and abide by these Rules and Regulations. The decisions of STAR on all matters relating to the Game shall be final and binding in all respects.
6. The Game shall be available on www.starquizchallenge.com (“Game Website”).
7. Non-conformance by the Participant(s) with any and all the Rules and Regulations herein or as set by STAR from time to time will make such Participant’s entry into the Game as null and void.
8. The Star Quiz Challenge is available only in the English language.
9. All Participants are advised to remain in areas with strong and stable/continuous network signal of the telecom operator or internet service provider to ensure smooth functioning of the Game.
10. The Game requires the Participants to answer general knowledge questions in the format specified on the Game Website.
11. The score of each Participant shall be available at the end of the game they can share with their friends on Facebook and Instagram by sharing the URL of the Game Website. No Participants are eligible to win any prizes, gifts or other type of gratification except for the Game Prize (as defined hereafter) in the Game.
12. All Participants can only participate in the Game after clicking on the “Accept” button for these Rules and Regulations.
13. By accepting these Rules and Regulations to participate in the Game, the Participant consents to the publication of their score on the Game Website after the application of appropriate filtering mechanism designed by the Company. The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any claims regarding the exercise of the Company’s discretion in this regard. The Company shall not be responsible for any kind of claims, damages, and outrage arising due to the participation of the Participants.
Additionally, the Company shall not be responsible for any violation of Intellectual Property rights that may arise out of any content posted by the Participants.
14. Each Participant may invite their friends by posting the Game Website URL on their social media handles. Once invited, each user needs to accept the Rules and Regulations to participate in the Game. By participating in the Game, the Participant allows the Company to access and display personal information including without limitation, the Participant’s Game Data and Scores in the Leaderboard(s).
15. Each Participant shall be assigned a Unique Identifier for that respective Participant. The points are not transferable between different Unique Identifiers and only one Device’s answer selections shall be captured for scoring.
16. The Company reserves the right to modify and/or cancel the Game based on programming, technical requirements, unfavorable climatic conditions and/or any other reasons as the Company may deem fit. The Game in such circumstances could be rescheduled, extended, cancelled or terminated in entirety.
17. Decisions made by the Company shall be final and the Company shall not be responsible for factors including but not limited to loss of data/Points or any other advantage/disadvantage caused to Participants due to technical errors or issues in their device, application, login interface/multiple logins for the same Unique Identifier, any other Participant-led gamification manipulation, internet connection, latency and/or network coverage.
18. The Company recommends the Participants to maintain the privacy of their personal details and not share with third parties their phone number or any other personal details associated with any other social media platform or any other website.
19.The Participation in the Game Play will be governed by the requirements of the relevant country’s privacy laws only.
20. In case of any queries, please write to email@example.com with your concerns/issues related to the Game Play. All endeavors shall be made to reply to the queries within reasonable time on a best effort basis. However, the absence of a reply shall not be deemed to mean acceptance by the Company of any claims made in the query.
Please refer the detailed Rules and Regulations mentioned below governing the Game.
1. GAME DESCRIPTION
“Star Quiz Challenge 2020” is a skill based online game (the “Game”) which is being hosted and can be played on the Game Website which is owned and operated by the Company. The Game Play is meant to test the Participant’s knowledge of general knowledge. The Company may run other forms of contests, games hosted by the Company or Sponsors and partners during the course of the Game.
2. KEY DEFINITIONS
1. For the purposes of the Rules and Regulations, the expressions used herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them as below:
a. “Company” means Star Asianet Middle East FZ LLC; and includes its affiliates associates, agencies etc., as the case may be for the purposes of the Game.
b. “Device(s)” shall mean computers, laptops, smartphones running the Android (with version 4.4 and above)/ iOS (with version 10 and above) operating platforms etc., capable of receiving and transmitting data including via Internet and/or mobile communications technology and/or any other similar technology. The Game may work on sim-based tablets and devices other than smartphones operating on the Android (version 4.4 and above) or iOS (version 10 and above) operating platforms.
c. “Game Play” refers to the act of participating in the Game by answering the questions pertaining to the Game.
d. “Game Data” refers to the Participant information and Participant-specific Game related data collected by the Company during the Game.
e. “Leaderboard” is a dashboard which lists the top ten scoring Participants in descending order of their Scores/cumulative Points in the Game Play.
f. “Intellectual Property” shall include but not be limited to copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, domain names and/or any other legal interests recognized or protected as intellectual property.
g. “Game Intellectual Property” shall include but not limited to the Game creatives, game format, scoring format, all trademarks and copyrights obtained by the Company for the purposes of this Game, IT infrastructure design, domain names and terminologies used in this document to define specific aspects of the Game and any other Intellectual Property associated or related or developed in relation to the Game.
h. “Participant Profile” is a dashboard on the Game interface which consists of the cumulative Points earned by the Participant during the Game and during the Game Play.
i. “Point(s)” refers to a numerical mark or unit of scoring awarded for successfully answering a question correctly during Game Play.
j. “Registered User(s)/User” means a person who has a valid Facebook and/or Google account and accepts these Rules and Regulations to access and/or participate in the Game.
k. “Rules and Regulations” means these rules and regulations governing the Game, as stated herein in entirety and as may be amended by the Company from time to time without prior notice, and includes Key Rules accompanying the version of the Game in the Website;
l. “Score(s)” means the cumulative Points won by a Participant while playing the Game Play.
m. “Unique Identifier” refers to the unique identification number assigned to each Participant of the Game who accepts the Rules and Regulations for the Game.
n. “Game” refers to the game Star Quiz Challenge 2020. Star Quiz Challenge 2020 is available on the Game Website which may be played by the Participants on the Device(s) in accordance with the Rules and Regulations and includes all versions of the Game.
o. “Game Period” shall mean the 8-week period during which the Game shall be accessible on the Game Website and during which eligible Participants may win the Game Prizes.
p. “Participant(s)” means any person(s) who (i) agrees to enter and participate in the Game Play in accordance with the Rules and Regulations as defined in this document; (ii) plays the Game on the Game Website; (iii) is and continues to remain present in the Territory; (iv) is and continues to remain of sound mind and health (v) does not have criminal conviction or an arrangement or a contract that prevents the Participant(s) from participating in the Game; and (vi) is at least 13 (thirteen) years old as on the date of commencement of the Game.
3. PROCEDURE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME
i. Eligibility and Participation
1. The Game is made available in English exclusively on the standalone website www.starquizchallenge.com (“Game Website”) and is accessible on the Devices.
2. The Game Play will work only in the Territory and shall not be accessible from other territory (ies) across the world.
3. To participate in the Game Play, the User should (i) agree to enter and participate in the Game Play in accordance with the Rules and Regulations as defined in this document; (ii) play the Game on the Game Website; (iii) be present in the Territory; (iv) be of sound mind and health; (v) not have criminal conviction or an arrangement or a contract that prevents the Participant(s) from participating in the Game; and (vi) at least 13 (thirteen) years old as on the date of commencement of the Game. The Participation in the Game Play will be governed by the relevant law of data privacy only.
5. The Participant(s) must be individual residents of the Territory, who are not citizens of any sanctioned country (where sanctioned country means Belarus, Burma (Myanmar), Crimea, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Ivory Coast, Liberia, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Zimbabwe and any other country against whom the U.S. economic sanctions programs are or may be maintained by the U.S. Government).
6. The Game is not open to the employees (permanent or contracted) and directors, including each of their immediate family members, of (i) the Company; and (ii) advertising and promotion agencies, the distributors, suppliers of prizes, including each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and/or entities connected with the promotion of the Game (collectively, the “Sponsors”).
2. Prior to proceeding, the Participant agrees with the Rules and Regulations governing the Game.
4. The Game Play is available to all Registered Users, and is accessible for viewing and/or playing, for the duration as defined by the Company.
5. Each time a Participant accepts the Rules and Regulations, they shall be assigned a Unique Identifier for the purposes of the Game. The Points will not be transferable between Unique Identifiers, irrespective of Devices used for Game Play.
6. The Game Play Points shall accrue to the Unique Identifier linked to the Registered User. The Points will be accrued and associated to one Unique Identifier only; the first response for every question captured on the Company servers shall be considered for scoring and Leaderboards.
The Points shall accrue to the Unique Identifier as per the following scenarios:
Type of Participant
Treatment of Points
The Points will be accrued to a Unique Identifier and the Points will be issued against the same Unique Identifier.
7. In case of loss of Points due to loss of Device or loss of Points due to multiple logins from the same Device, any other any other Participant-led gamification manipulation, or any other technical glitches, the Company shall not be responsible to identify the actual Participant who has played the Game Play and no questions/queries or requests in this regard shall be entertained. The Company’s decision on whether the Participant should be credited unclaimed Points shall be final and binding on all Users that participate in the Game Play. In case the Company identifies any malpractice/ fraudulent usage / unfair advantage including but not limited to use of cheats, exploits, automation, software, bots or any unauthorized third-party software, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the Participant without any prior notice/intimation.
iii. Charges for the Game
1. Please note that the access to the Game Website is free of cost, however, the access of the Website shall consume data/internet charges. Therefore, the access of the Game Website and the Game Play will result in the use and consumption of data for which data charges as charged by your internet/telecom operator may apply. For further details, please contact your internet/telecom operator.
2. The Company will not and does not receive any monies and/or consideration from the internet/telecom operators and/or any third party, in connection with the data consumed by the Participant for playing the Game.
i. Game Format
1. The Game shall have 3 rounds, i.e. Scattergories, Starcade and Rapid Fire. All questions asked are general knowledge questions covering current affairs, sports, science etc.
1. Participants have three levels to complete: Scattergories, Starcade and Rapid Fire.
2. Participants must confirm their answers within given time limit.
3. There is no disqualification if answered wrong. All Participants will be led to the next round.
4. This game can be played as many times as the Participants wants, to improve their score.
5. Once the Participants completes all the rounds, they will be given a final score and shown where they stand on the Leaderboard.
6. Participants will then be prompted by the Game Website to share the score on social media platforms to challenge their friends or download their scorecard to share with their friends using their social media accounts.
7. The shared post will have their score card and a URL which will enable their friends to come on to the Game Website and take part in the Game.
8. No points shall be awarded if the time allocated for that question/round runs out before the Participant has entered/selected their answer(s).
a) Round 1 - Scattergories
1. Participants have to choose a category out of the six pre-set categories presented.
2. There will be 3 questions for each of the 3 categories.
3. If the Participant answers correctly or incorrectly or the time runs out; they get to select another category.
4. Participants will get 30 seconds to answer each question.
5. Completing this round will lead the Participants to the second round of the Game.
b) Round 2 - Starcade
1. This is a guessing round.
2. The Participants have to give answers based on the clues provided.
a. if the Participant answers correctly on the first clue, they will get 15 points;
b. if on the second clue, they will get 10 points;
c. if on the third clue, they will get 5 points
3. Each clue has a 15 second timeout.
4. Completing this round will lead Participants to the third round.
c) Round 3 - Rapid Fire
1. In this round, 6 questions will be asked in 60 seconds.
2. Each correct answer will fetch the player 10 points
3. If answered correctly in a consecutive manner, the player earns bonus points.
4. Breaking the streak of consecutiveness will reset the bonus points to zero
1. Scattergories – Each correct answer will fetch 5 points for the Participants. In addition to that, each Participant can earn 5 bonus points if they answer rapidly. Bonus points are earned based on the pre-defined time interval ranges as follow:
- 1-4 seconds: 5+5 points
- 5-9 seconds: 5+4 points
- 10-14 seconds: 5+3 points
- 15-19 seconds: 5+2 points
- 20-24 seconds: 5+1 points
- 25-30 seconds: 5 points
2. Starcade Questions –
· Each clue fetches different points to the player depending on when s/he answers correctly.
· Clue one, two and three have points 15, 10 and 5 respectively.
3. Rapid Fire –
· Each correct answer will fetch the player 10 points
· If answered correctly in a consecutive manner, the player earns bonus points.
· Breaking the streak of consecutiveness will reset the bonus points to zero
2. The Company reserves the right to edit/add more questions/answer options, change the Points associated with a question, change the Points required to accumulate within each round (including sub-rounds) and take appropriate action in case any answer option does not qualify in the table above.
3. The order and frequency in which each type of question may be asked is at the sole discretion of the Company.
4. The Participant will have to provide answers for each Question within the stipulated time (the time specified in each round for answering a question), which starts from the time the question appears on the Participant’s Device. The Participant will win points as per the ‘Scoring’ process (detailed in section III) and be eligible to be included in the Leaderboards.
5. The Participant may be notified by a pop-up and/or display on the Game Play screen, upon the receipt of the Participant’s correct and/or incorrect answers.
6. Only those options/answers which are received within the stipulated time, will be considered valid.
7. The Company may increase and/or reduce the stipulated time to answer each question at its sole discretion and the decision of the Company in this regard, will be final and binding on the Participant(s). Once the Participant selects an answer option for the question presented during the Game Play, the Participant will not be allowed to change the answer option. If for any technical and/or non-technical reasons, the Company’s servers fail to register any option/answer provided and/or selected by the Participant, the Company, shall not be responsible for such delayed receipt or non-receipt or incomplete receipt or receipt of corrupted answers.
8. In the event the Participant’s responses to any of the questions during the Game Play is not received within the stipulated time, due to any unforeseen reasons or errors including but not limited to technical or network errors or glitches, the Participant will not be allotted any Points for answering the question, notwithstanding the fact that the Participant may have correctly answered the question through the Device within the stipulated time on the screen of the Device.
9. In case multiple answer entries are received from Participant(s) for the same question, due to any unforeseen reasons or errors including but not limited to technical or network errors or glitches, the Company may at its sole discretion, choose the answer received at the first and foremost attempt by the Participant as recorded in the Company’s servers.
10. The Company will not entertain any claims/questions/queries with respect to the authenticity and/or correctness of any questions and answers for the questions.
11. The Company’s decision on the correctness or incorrectness of Participant Points computation is final and binding on all.
4. Selection Process and Gratification:
1. The Participant who has earned the high score in a given week of the Game, shall be eligible to win the Weekly Prize (“ Weekly Winner”).
2. In the event that multiple Participants have the same score in a given week, the Participant who reached that score in the lowest number of tries will be considered to be the Weekly Winner. The frequency of each Participant’s play count will be monitored for the same.
For example, if one Participant has scored 500 by playing the Game 10 times and the other Participant has scored 500 by playing the Game 5 times, then the latter will be the Weekly Winner.
3. In the event both the number of tries and the high score are the same between two or more Participants, the Participants with the lowest total time taken in microseconds to achieve the high score will be deemed the Weekly Winner. The time taken by a Participant to complete the Game is monitored by the system.
4. The same Participant cannot be the Weekly Winner in any two weeks. For example, if Participant A is the top scorer in week 1 and wins the Weekly Prize, and continues to top the leaderboard in week 2, they cannot win the next Weekly Prize, but their cumulative score will be considered to determine their eligibility to win the Grand Prize. In the abovementioned example, the Participant with the next-best-score after Participant A will be awarded the Weekly Prize in week 2.
5. The Participant with the highest cumulative score throughout the Game Period will be eligible to win the Grand Prize (“ Grand Winner”). The Grand Winner need not have been a Weekly Winner in any week. The Weekly Winners and the Grand Winner shall collectively be referred to as the Winners.
6. The Winners will be contacted through the contact details provided by them. Such Winners will be required to execute any and all legal documents as required by the Company. In case a Winner is unable to verify the eligibility details, the said Winner shall be disqualified from the Game, at the sole discretion of the Company.
7. The results of the Game and the Winners will be announced by the Company after the expiry of the Game Period and/or the relevant week therein. In the event, such announcement of Winner(s) is postponed for any reason whatsoever, the Company will not be held responsible for and there shall be no announcement of Winners on any public forum or otherwise. In the event that the Company is of the opinion none of the Participants are eligible to be selected as a Winner, then the Company may exercise its discretion not to select any Winner.
8. The Company shall not be responsible if the Winner(s) are not available at the contact details provided by them and as a result of which the Winner(s) loses their chance to receive the Game Prize(s). The Company shall make only one (1) attempt to reach the Winner(s). In case they do not revert within the timeline specified in the Company’s communication to such Winner, the selection shall be invalidated and the Company shall not be liable to such Winner(s) in any manner whatsoever. For the avoidance of doubt, it is clarified that if a Winner’s selection is invalidated due to their non-response to the Company’s communication, the Company shall have the right (but not the obligation) to select the Participant with the next highest score in the relevant time period as the Winner.
9. The Winner(s) shall be required to be available as required by the Company to receive the game console (“Weekly Prize”) and/or the gaming laptop (“Grand Prize”) which shall collectively be referred to as the “Game Prizes”. The Company may change any of the Game Prizes at its sole discretion, without any obligation to notify the Participants of such change. The Company shall not be liable if any Winner for any loss/ damage to their person or property caused/incurred during the Winner’s collection of the Game Prizes and the Winner(s) shall keep the Company indemnified for any loss suffered as a result of the same.
10. If any Participant engages in any behaviour that the Company in its sole discretion believes to be prejudicial to the spirit of the Game, it will result in such Participant’s disqualification from the Game and the receipt of any Game Prize.
11. If any selected Winner is unable to or does not claim the Game Prize for any reason whatsoever, they shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the Game and forfeited their right to claim the Game Prize.
12. All decisions taken by the Company shall be final and binding and shall not be subject to any appeal of any nature whatsoever. Participation in the Game shall be construed to mean that the Participant(s) has(ve) waived their right to dispute any decision(s) made by the Company.
13. The Company reserves the right to change or withdraw the Game Prize should the selected Winner(s) fail to comply with any of the Rules and Regulations and/or applicable laws or for any reason whatsoever.
14. The Company and any Sponsors assume no responsibility and shall not be held liable for any damages, losses, injuries, inconvenience or any other liabilities of any nature whatsoever arising in connection with the fulfilment of any Game Prize.
15. In case Participant(s) and/or Winner(s) fail to produce any documents required by the Company for the purpose of verification of compliance with these Rules and Regulations, such Participant(s) and/or Winner(s) shall stand disqualified without any liability to the Company.
16. The Game Prizes are non-refundable, non-transferrable and non-exchangeable. For the purpose of clarity, no cash equivalent or alternative prize shall be given to the Winner(s) and the Winner(s) cannot exchange the Game Prize(s) for a gift of equivalent value. Further, the Game Prize won is personal to the Winner(s) and the Winner(s) cannot transfer the Game Prize to any other person(s).
17. By participating in the Game, the Winner(s) grant the Company and the Sponsors unlimited use of their names, social media handles, address, voice, photographs, statements and/or likeness in any and all media without remuneration throughout the world in perpetuity for the purpose of publicity and/or advertising.
18. For the sake of clarity, all rights, title and interest in the Game Data shall vest with the Company and may be utilized by the Company at a later point in time, at its sole discretion. The Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) hereby irrevocably, perpetually and for the entire world, assign all rights, title and interest including rights in any intellectual property vested in the Game Data to the Company including but not limited to the right to make any adaptation, rights in any form of exploitation etc.
19. Except as expressly provided herein, all ancillary costs associated with the receipt or use of the Game Prize, whether direct and/or indirect, including without limitation charges, expenses, taxes, costs, etc. are the sole responsibility of the selected Winner(s).
20. By providing any personal information to the Company and/or participating in the Game, each Participant thereby waives their privacy rights and/or any privacy expectations they have with respect to the use of their likeness or personal information furnished to the Company. If a Participant does not wish to have their information and/or likeness viewed by or disclosed to others, they should not participate in the Game.
21. The Winners agree that they shall make themselves available from time to time and co-operate with the Company and participate in any activity and/or campaign (“Promotional Activity”) of any nature whatsoever without any money payable to the Winners. Further, the Winners shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever. The Winners agree that the footage of any nature (including during the Promotional Activity and during the Game) with regard to the Winners shall vest with the Company, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity.
5. Other Terms and Conditions
1. The Game is meant for entertainment and recreational purposes only, and is not a bet, award or challenge or other form of formal event.
2. The Game will be available only on the Game Website. The Company will not be responsible for any break or disconnection or disruption in network connectivity in any manner, irrespective of the network being used which results in any break during the Game. Network issues can disrupt various aspects of the Game such as receipt of questions and answer options, receipt of any sound, text, video feed related to the question, receipt by the Company of answer chosen by the Participant, etc. The Participant is advised to remain in an area with a strong and stable/ continuous mobile network signal of the telecom operator or internet service provider to ensure smooth functioning of the Game.
3. Any loss or outrage or dissatisfaction suffered during the Game Play by a Participant would not be the responsibility of the Company, who will not be responsible to make good any such loss or dissatisfaction. Under no circumstances whatsoever, will the Participant be entitled to claim any damages against the Company including but not limited to general and special damages, consequential, pecuniary and non-pecuniary, liquidated, aggravated, exemplary damages, compensatory and non-compensatory, nominal and damages for loss of profit/ loss of opportunity.
4. In the event the response of the Participant is not received by the Company within the stipulated time period for the question for any reason, the Participant would not get points even in the event that the question was answered correctly by them.
5. Other than the Game Website and Device(s), the Game will not be accessible on any third party live TV streaming medium or any other operating systems/platforms.
6. The Company will endeavor to ensure that the integrity of the Game is maintained at all times and will take reasonable steps in this regard. In the event the Company receives information that the integrity of the Game or Game Play has been compromised in any manner, including by using unfair or unlawful means, the Company reserves the right to take all actions, including suspending the Participant from the Game, to protect itself, the Game Website, the Game and/or Game Play.
7. By agreeing to these Rules and Regulations, you permit the Company to use your Game Data in the event your Score qualifies for the Leaderboard.
8. None of the Participants shall, without the prior written approval of the Company, speak to the press or any other media or any third person, nor give any interviews or comments relating to any aspect of the Game. The Participant shall not disclose any information whatsoever relating to the Company to any other party including screen shots of the Game on social media websites. Violation of this clause shall immediately disqualify the Participant’s prospects of further participation.
9. The Winner(s) hereby agree to be bound by the Rules and Regulations and/or by any subsequent revisions of the Rules and Regulations (“ Revised Rules and Regulations”). The Company reserves the right to amend, add or delete any of the terms at its sole and absolute discretion without further notice. The Revised Rules and Regulations (if any) shall supersede all prior Rules and Regulations.
4. Systems and availability
1. Participants may need to adjust the Device display, font, brightness and resolution to default size or lower to ensure that they are able to play the Game on their Device(s) properly.
2. Participants are advised to keep the Device from which the Game is played, adequately charged. Low battery may result in shut down of the network and/or Device which could affect the Participant’s ability to play the Game.
3. The Company has ensured adequate redundancies with respect to the servers that are used to communicate with the Game Website for the Game. However, in the rare instance(s) that the servers are affected and are rendered non-functional, the Company will, at its discretion but not as an obligation, determine such measures as it may deem fit, including cancelling certain sections or segments or question(s) from the Game at the discretion of the Company.
4. An on-going Participant(s) could lose out on the opportunity to play one or more questions (and hence lose Points) in any of the following, but not exhaustive, situations:
i. Where a Participant answers a call/ message/ etc. on the Device when they are playing the Game;
ii. Where a Participant exits the Game Website while playing the Game;
iii. Where a Participant force quits the Game Website or restarts their Device during Game Play;
iv. Where there is a network drop or battery drain-out during Game Play;
v. Where the Device under use for Game Play hangs;
vi. Where the Device auto-locks, screen times out during the course of the Game; and/or
vii. Where the Unique Identifier is used by multiple devices.
5. In the event the Game Play is terminated mid-session for any reason whatsoever, or where the Game Play or the ability of a Participant to participate in the Game is affected by any network/ IT/ phone related issue, and/or where a Participant exits the Game in the middle of an on-going round, the Participant will be permitted to rejoin the Game Play only when the next question is about to be displayed.
6. The situations present hereinabove are only by way of example and there could be additional situations, beyond the Company’s control, wherein the Participant’s Game Play may be interrupted, and/or the Participant may lose an opportunity to answer any question. Under all such scenarios, the Participant will be permitted to rejoin the Game Play only when the next ball is played and the Company will not be liable in any manner for such interruption in the Game Play and/or any lost opportunity to answer any of the questions during Game Play, which results from technical and non-technical reasons attributable solely to the Participant, its Device, the internet and/or mobile networks and/or login issues through phone number/Google ID/ Facebook ID and/or any other force majeure conditions.
7. The Company will not be responsible for any loss, outrage from or dissatisfaction suffered by the Participant, during Game or otherwise arising out of or resulting from the Game in general. The Company will not be responsible to make good against any such loss, outrage or dissatisfaction.
8. While all attempts will be made to protect the Game Data, including the data pertaining to the correct answers given by each of the Participants, from loss and/or corruption, Participants agree and acknowledge that all systems are prone to failure and hacking attempts. In the event of any data loss, the Company shall make reasonable endeavors to continue with whatever data available in the manner it deems is fit. The Company will not be responsible for any damage resulting from the loss of data or the action taken by the Company for the continuity of the Game, on account of the same. The Company will not be held responsible to make good any loss or dissatisfaction suffered by the Participant, on account of such loss.
9. While the Company shall endeavor to make all reasonably practicable arrangements for the continuity of the Game, it cannot guarantee or assure seamless connectivity or continuous availability of the Game Website, server, system or software to the Participants during the conduct of the Game as these are dependent on external utilities/service providers and factors which could be beyond the control of the Company.
10. The Participant acknowledges and agrees to hold harmless the Company for the application, network, process, technical or any other failures. Any losses, injury, discomfort, loss of privacy, inability to participate or any other discomfort of any sort caused to the Participant or the Participant’s property or device shall not be the responsibility of the Company.
11. In case any unauthorized activity is observed on the Game, Company reserves the right to disqualify the Participant causing and/or resorting to such unauthorized activity till such time as the Company deems fit. The Company would not be responsible to such Participant in any manner whatsoever on account of such disqualification.
12. Company shall not be liable for any failure of the Game Website server or system during the course of playing the Game.
13. Company and its sub-contractors are not responsible for delayed receipt or non-receipt or incomplete receipt or corrupted receipt of answers.
14. The Company accepts no liability and shall not be responsible and/or liable in any manner whatsoever in case the Participant(s) are unable to participate in the Game due to failure on the part of the telecom operator, internet service provider, facility provider, etc., or due to capacity constraints.
15. In the event the Game ceases to operate due to any unforeseen issues, including but not limited to technical issues or force majeure, the Company reserves the right to discontinue the Game for future and revise these Rules and Regulations to accommodate such discontinuation. The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any losses or damages caused due to such discontinuation.
16. It shall not be open for the Participant(s) or any of their representatives to require or demand an audit or verification of the any of the systems, databases, software, hardware of the Company and its Partners used to host the Game Website or the Game, or any other criteria, process or system adopted by the Company as part of the process of conduct of the Game.
17. No person (i.e., either the Participant or any person on behalf of the Participant) shall initiate litigation against the Company, in any manner, in connection with the Game and/or the eligibility and/or the participation in the Game without first writing in to the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org setting out its concerns/issues and providing the Company a reasonable opportunity to address such concerns/issues.
5. Intellectual property
The Intellectual Property rights (" Intellectual Property Rights") in the Game Website, underlying Company and the Company platform, and material published on the Game Website, including (but not limited to) games, Games, software, advertisements, written content, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, marks, logos, audio or video clippings and Flash animation, is owned by the Company, its Partners and/or licensors. Users may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or in any way exploit any of the materials or content on the Company either in whole or in part without an express written license from Company.
6. User conduct
1. Participant(s) agree not to disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of any computer or server used to offer or support the Company or the Company’s services.
2. Participant(s) shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the user accounts, servers or networks connected to Company services by any means other than the user interface provided by Company, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that underlies or is part of the Company services.
3. Participant(s) shall not attempt to transmit content regarding services, products, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or chain letters.
7. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
2. The Participant hereby represents that he/she is not under any contract, exclusive or otherwise, with any other third party/ agency or is not under any kind of disqualification or disability under law, to enter into an agreement with the Company.
3. The Participant shall undertake, warrant and guarantee to the Company that the Participant has the full legal capacity to participate in the Game, in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
4. The Participants acknowledge that they have voluntarily chosen to participate in the Game of their own free will and are willing to bear all risks, costs and consequences arising from such participation in the Game.
5. The Participant shall not have any claim against the Company. The Company or vendors connected with the Game shall not be responsible for any such eventuality and the Participant(s) shall not be entitled to claim any compensation from the Company.
6. In the event of any fault, misunderstanding or dispute concerning any part of the Game, and/or the operation of the internet system or the validity of any question or answer options, the decision of the Company shall be final and binding on all Participant(s) and other persons. The Company is empowered to take a decision on any case or instances not covered by the present Rules and Regulations.
7. The Company reserves the right to amend (add to, delete or modify) the Rules and Regulations prospectively or retrospectively, at its discretion and without prior approval in order to improve the Game or remediate any issues that may occur. The Participant is requested to carefully read these Rules and Regulations from time to time before using the Game Website for participating in the Game. It shall be the Participant’s responsibility to check these Rules and Regulations periodically for changes. The Company may require the Participant to provide their direct or indirect consent to any update in a specified manner before further use of Game Website for Game Play. If no such separate consent is sought, their continued use of Game Website for Game Play, following such changes, will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
8. The Company has the sole right at any time/to alter/amend/withdraw/replace/discontinue and/or terminate the Game without any prior intimation or notice to the public and the Company is not obligated in any manner whatsoever to compensate any person(s) who have participated in the Game.
9. If any provision of these Rules and Regulations is held by any Court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or part, the other provisions of these Rules and Regulations and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid. These Rules and Regulations and the Game shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE and the Participant(s) submit irrevocably to the jurisdiction of the Courts in Dubai.
10. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in relation to the Game or these Rules and Regulations shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 as amended from time to time, by a sole arbitrator nominated at the sole discretion of the Company. The place of arbitration shall be Mumbai and the language of arbitration will be English. The award of the arbitral tribunal is final and binding on all parties.
13. The Participant(s) hereby agree to indemnify the Company against any claims that might arise from the Participant’s actions or omissions while participating in the Game.
14. The Participant hereby agrees and undertakes that, the Company is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any injury of any kind including mental and/or emotional trauma caused to the Participant(s) in any manner whatsoever, in relation to the Game.
15. The only way to enter the Game is through participation as described in these Rules and Regulations. Any person claiming that they can help get you access to the Game for a consideration is defrauding you. Please contact your local police and report this person immediately.
16. Any person(s) claiming that they can help You get favorable access to the Game Play/Game Prize(s) for a consideration (monetary/non-monetary) is defrauding You. Please contact your local police and report such person/s immediately.
17. The Participants shall not have any ownership interest, license or other rights in the application for Game or any right in the Game Intellectual Property therein, whether by license, implication, estoppel or otherwise.
18. Subject to these Rules and Regulations, the Company hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sub licensable and non-transferable license, limited to the Territory, to use the Game and the content solely for purposes of availing the Game Play and services provided therein. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that they shall not copy, republish, post, display, translate, transmit, reproduce or distribute any content through any medium without obtaining the necessary authorization from the Company or thirty party owners of such content.
19. Subject to the Rules and Regulations, the Participant(s) may access, view and otherwise use the Game (including, without limitation any services provided on or through the Game Website) for their personal (non-commercial), lawful use only. The Participants must not use the Game and any services provided through it in a manner which is prohibited by the Rules and Regulations and/or applicable law.
20. The Company in its sole discretion may suspend or terminate and/or block the Participant(s) from accessing all or any part the Company’s website and/or any service provided therein if the Participant breaches or is suspected to be in breach of the Rules and Regulations and/or any applicable law and/or if the Participant is found to be misusing the Game Website and/or is engaged in the illegal and/or fraudulent use of the Game Website in any manner.