Senior Manager-Data EngineeringData Engineering
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Design and develop Big Data Solutions to enable our business’s success. Specific responsibilities include:
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Implementing the Ingestion & ETL processes
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Ability to carry out code development and design on analytical projects for the full analytical stack from the data acquisition up to the consumption of the data
- Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code.
- Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient micro service distributed architecture
- Design and construction of REST API
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment
PERFORMANCE MEASURES :
- At least four years’ experience with:
- Relevant back-end programming language: Python, Scala
- Big Data/ETL design and management, including being up to date on the latest practices and associated versions
- Database design, management and deployment for the relevant environment
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- A Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- Should have minimum 7 years of experience in Big Data technology domain related work, including roles such as customer-facing Consultant
- Experience in complex environments building and deploying MPP Databases, Hadoop ecosystem, in-memory data grids,
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster.
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as PrestoQL,HiveQL,Big Query
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Proficiency with Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Spark
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
- Direct experience working on a large-scale data warehouse or Hadoop platform is a very strong asset
- Good programming and computation skills with either python/Scala
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Experience with Real Time Data Processing solutions like as Apache Spark, Apache Flink.
- Understanding of parallel processing approaches and concepts is a very strong asset
- Understanding of the hardware and networking architecture behind large scale clustered systems
Industry knowledge of big data technology, including Hadoop stack components, and other NOSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or Redis Pub/sub.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Quick learning ability and a good team player.
- Positive attitude and great at time and task management.
- Patient and confident about the projects/things being created.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.