STAR SPORTS Q - FIT INDIA WEB QUIZ
TERMS & CONDITIONS
A. QUIZ CONTEST
- The Quiz Contest will be undertaken in the following manner:
(i) SAI will send out an initiation video/mailer of the Quiz Contest to various schools within its network inviting their respective students to participate.
(ii) The Participants will have to log on to: starsportsq.com, a microsite where the Participants have to register to participate by entering/ selecting: (a) name; (b) name of their school; (c) city/ district; (d) state (“Quiz Site”).
(iii) This Quiz Contest is a game of knowledge, whereby the Participants need to correctly answer a set of 10 (ten) multiple-choice questions (each, a “Quiz Question”) which will be asked every day during the Quiz Period (as defined below).
(iv) STAR shall have an option but not an obligation to flash the leaderboard on its (or its’ affiliates’) television network channels, online platform, and/or social media handles/ pages (collectively, “Network Handles”).
- The Quiz Contest will begin on 12th August 2023 (01 AM IST (i.e., 0001 Hours IST)) and will end on 23rd September 2023 (11.59 PM IST (i.e., 2359 Hours IST)) (“Quiz Period”).
B. ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION PROCESSS
- Any person (i.e., the Participant) who wishes to participate in the Quiz Contest shall fulfil each of the following requirements in order to qualify for participation:
(i) Each Participant is required to visit the Quiz Site and answer each Quiz Question on the respective Quiz Day (as defined below) or before the Cut-off Time (as defined below) during the Quiz Period.
(ii) The Participants should submit their entry containing their answer(s) to the Quiz Question on the Quiz Site during the respective Quiz Day and before the Cut-off Time within the Quiz Period (collectively, “Entry(ies)”).
(iii) All the Participants must be citizens of India, present and residing in India, during the Quiz Period, must be of sound mind, as on the date of participating in this Quiz Contest.
(iv) The Participant(s) should not have any criminal conviction or be prohibited by an arrangement or a contract that prevents the Participant(s) from participating in the Contest.
(v) If any Participant is under the age of 18 (eighteen) years (“Minor”), parental or guardian consent must be obtained before such Participant can claim the Gratification (as defined below). Such consent must include a confirmation that the parent/guardian consented to the Participant’s Entry to the Quiz Contest and they consent to the Participant having the chance to be awarded the Gratification.
(vi) The Quiz Contest is not open to the employees (permanent or contracted) and directors, including each of their immediate family members, of: (a) STAR, its parent, subsidiary, group and/or affiliated companies (collectively, “STAR Entities”); (b) SAI; and (c) companies and/or entities connected with the promotion of the Quiz Contest and/or consultants hired by STAR for the Quiz Contest.
(vii) Each Participant is only permitted one Entry. Any attempt by a Participant to obtain more than one Entry by using multiple and/or different accounts, identities, registrations, logins, addresses or through any other methods, may void all such Participant’s Entries and such Participant may be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the Entry process are void. Incomplete, illegible and/or corrupt entries will not constitute a valid Entry.
(viii) Any content or portion of an Entry that is, in Star’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory and/or violates any proprietary right of any person living and/or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) and/or entity, sexual in nature, and/or is otherwise objectionable, will disqualify the Entry as determined in Star’s sole discretion. Entries must be in keeping with Star’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Star in its sole discretion.
(ix) Participant(s) must enter the Quiz Contest and/or answer the Quiz Question on their own behalf only and Entries by proxies shall not be accepted.
(x) Any Entry which does not satisfy the requirements of 1(i)-(ix) above shall not be considered a valid Entry and shall be deemed null and void without requirement of any intimation by STAR.
(xi) The Participant will be eligible to receive the Gratification (as defined below) in accordance with the Selection Process (as defined below) and Gratification section below.
- Each Participant understands and accepts that the Contest shall be conducted by STAR in the manner provided below (“Selection Process”):
(i) 10 (ten) Quiz Questions shall be posted on the Quiz Site during each day (“Quiz Day”) of the Quiz Period.
(ii) Each Participant shall be provided with 4 (four) options for each Quiz Question and the Participant is required to select and submit 1 (one) option for every Quiz Question which could potentially be the correct answer based on his/ her personal knowledge.
(iii) Every correct answer/response to the Quiz Question shall carry 1 (one) point each.
(iv) If the Participant(s) has(ve) answered all the Quiz Questions, the same shall be sufficient for him/ her to be eligible for the Gratification. No Participant shall be able to select another option and/or retake the Quiz Contest on a particular Quiz Day once he/she has submitted the answers/responses.
(v) Each Participant shall be provided time from the Quiz Day up to 59 PM IST (i.e., 2359 Hours IST) of the same day to submit their answer in relation to each Quiz Question on the Quiz Site (“Cut-off Time”).
(vi) A minimum of 100 Entries are required for a particular school to qualify for the nation-wide leaderboard and be eligible for Gratification. For the purpose of calculating school points, an average of total number of points and total number of participants shall be considered. For example: School ‘XYZ’ is represented by a total of 110 Participants (who have answered all Quiz Questions on each of the Quiz Day) and have scored 1023 points in aggregate, the said school XYZ’s score shall be 9.3, for the purpose of the leaderboard/ the Gratification.
(vii) The Entries received before the commencement and/or after the expiration of the Cut-off Time and/or Quiz Period shall be void. STAR’s determination of the Cut-off Time as well as the date and time of receipt of Entries shall be final and binding on all Participants. Any incomplete and/or illegible Entries shall result in disqualification from participation in the Contest and the receipt of any Gratification.
(viii) STAR reserves the sole right / discretion to select and declare the Top-10 of the Quiz Contest and such decision shall be final and binding on all the Participants.
- Tie: In the event that two or more schools or Participants have the same number of points in the Quiz Contest, the school or the Participants which have taken the least amount of aggregate time to answer the Quiz Questions correctly shall get preference for the purpose of leaderboard rankings/ Top-10. SAI’s and/or Star’s decision in this regard will be final and binding; and no separate correspondence will be entered/ engaged in this regard.
C. GRATIFICATION DETAILS
- The name of the top 10 (ten) schools/ Participants on the nation-wide leaderboard (collectively, “Top-10”) will be flashed on the Network Handles during the airing of one of the Fit-India Quiz episodes (“Gratification”). In this regard, STAR shall have sole discretion on the date, time, duration, and the specific Network Handle for flashing the said leaderboard.
- STAR reserves the right to change or withdraw the Gratification should the selected Top-10 fail to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions of the Quiz Contest and/or applicable laws or for any other reason whatsoever.
- It is clarified that no other gratification, cash equivalent of the Gratification or alternative Gratification will be awarded to the Top-10 and the Top-10 cannot exchange the Gratification for cash or a gift of similar value. The Quiz Contest or the Gratification cannot be combined with any other contest or activity. It is clarified that STAR has no obligation to record the act of collection of the Gratification or incorporate it in the telecast of any matches, shows, web series, or otherwise mention it on the Network (as defined below). If the Top-10 refuse to accept the Gratification thus awarded, STAR and/or STAR Entities shall be released from all obligations towards the Finalist in connection to the Quiz Contest, Gratification or otherwise.
D. GENERAL RULES
- The Participant(s) agrees to follow all directions, rules and regulations framed or given by SAI and/or STAR from time to time.
- All decisions taken by STAR in relation to the Quiz Contest, the Gratification or otherwise shall be final and binding and shall not be subject to any appeal of any nature whatsoever. Entry in the Quiz Contest shall be construed to mean that the Participant(s) has(ve) waived their right to dispute any decision(s) made by STAR.
- All information provided by STAR in connection with the Quiz Contest is provided “as-is” without warranty of any kind (including with respect to authenticity of information). Star and/or its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, advisors, contractors and agents, partners and third-party associates (collectively, “STAR Parties”) make no representations and disclaim all express, implied, and statutory warranties of any kind to the Participant(s) and/or any third party including, without limitation, warranties as to accuracy, timelines, completeness, or fitness for any particular purpose.
- STAR and/or STAR Entities shall not be responsible in the event that Entries are not received, or the Participant(s) is unable to participate or post his/her entry on the Quiz Site (i.e., starsportsq.com) in the Quiz Contest, or if the Participant is unable to participate in the fulfilment of the Gratification due to any network problem, breakdown in machinery or any other technical error of any nature whatsoever. For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “receipt” of an Entry occurs when the website server records the Entry information upon the entrant clicking “Submit/Post” button. Any automated receipt confirmation does not constitute proof of actual receipt. For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting the Entry the Participant(s) is representing that the Entry or contents thereof are not confidential or comprise any sensitive personal information.
- The Participants specifically consent that their personal information including their name, contact number, address and other details, as applicable, shall be transferred by STAR or its agency/administrator to a third-party vendor engaged by STAR for the purpose of production, sourcing and/or organising the Quiz Contest.
- All Entries shall become the property of STAR and/or STAR Entities. By entering the Quiz Contest, the Participant grants STAR and STAR Entities unlimited use of their names, social media handles, address, voice, photographs, videos, statements and/or likeness including the Entry in any and all media without remuneration throughout the world in perpetuity for the purpose of content transmission, publicity and/or advertising and/or any other purpose as may be determined by STAR at its sole discretion.
- For the sake of clarity, all rights, title, and interest in Entry or Gratification shall vest with STAR and/or STAR Entities and may be utilized by STAR and/or STAR Entities at a later point in time, at its sole discretion. The Participant(s) hereby irrevocably, perpetually and for the entire world, assign all rights, title and interest including rights in any intellectual property vested in the Entry or any later communication to STAR and/or STAR Entities including but not limited to the right to make any adaptation, rights in any form of exploitation, etc.
- STAR and/or STAR Entities is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any injury, illness, infection, death, mental and/or emotional trauma caused to the Participant(s) in any manner whatsoever or for any reason whatsoever in connection to the Entries, the Quiz Contest and/or the Gratification.
- STAR reserves the right to forfeit the Gratification in the event it is found by STAR has a reason to believe that any information provided by the Participant is wrong, fraudulent or any misrepresentation is made by the Participant. STAR shall have the right to declare any other Participant/ school as part of Top-10, at its discretion and transfer the Gratification to such other Participant/ school.
- The Participant(s) shall ensure that the Entry or any other communication being submitted by them is decent and is not immoral, defamatory, abusive, offensive, insensitive, libellous, or blasphemous to any person, religious sect, or section of the society, etc. The Participant(s) further represents and warrants that the Entry and/or any other communication being submitted by him/her shall be original and shall not infringe upon and/or contain any material that shall infringe upon any third-party rights including rights in intellectual property. STAR reserves the right to remove or disqualify any Participants that do not comply with these criteria.
- STAR reserves the right to change the entry system/mechanism and/or cease accepting Entries for the Quiz Contest during the Quiz Period for any reason or take any other steps in relation to the Quiz Contest as it may deem fit in its sole and absolute discretion.
- STAR reserves the right to disqualify any Participant(s) from participating in the Quiz Contest without assigning any reason. STAR reserves the absolute right and discretion to reject any Entry or any part thereof at any stage of the Quiz Contest, including after declaring the Top-10, if STAR: (a) receives any notice or complaint relating to the Entry not being compliant of the Terms and Conditions including alleged to be infringing any form of rights including rights in any form of intellectual property of any third party; or (b) determines at its sole discretion that the Entry inter alia:, (i) belongs to another person and in which the Participant does not have any rights; (ii) is blasphemous, indecent, immoral, abusive, offensive, against the applicable laws or libellous and/or is contrary to any law in force; (iii) is grossly harmful, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; (iv) harm minors in any way; (v) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights; (vi) violates any law for the time being in force; (vii) deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature; (viii) impersonates another person; (ix) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or (x) threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation. The decision of STAR in this regard shall be final and binding upon the Participant(s).
- The Participant(s) agrees and consents to the use of the Entry and/or any other communications/submissions thereof by STAR and/or STAR Entities as it may deem fit for the purpose of promotion of the Quiz Contest on any of the Network Handles. In consideration of the participation in the Quiz Contest, the Participant(s) hereby irrevocably, exclusively, perpetually and for the entire universe assigns all rights, titles and interests in the Entry including any rights of Exploitation (as defined below) thereof, to STAR, during or pursuant to the Quiz “Exploitation/Exploit” shall mean the exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof including along with its cognate forms and grammatical variations, and includes the exploitation, use, alteration, broadcast, rebroadcast, communication, encryption, transmission, translation adaptation, publication, cutting, editing, and packaging of the Intellectual Property vested in the Entry or any part thereof, either in whole or in part, in any form/format or language, as well as the conversion of the Entry and/or any part thereof from one form/format to another and in relation to the Entry and/or any part thereof, for incorporation in a Cinematograph Film or Sound Recording, Communication to the Public, Broadcast, Performance in Public, adaptation, reprography, reproduction, distribution, sale, commercial rental, assignment, licensing, merchandising rights, remakes, sequels, prequels, versions, translations, dubbing and/or subtitling in any all languages/dialects in the world, converting the Entry in to a film for theatrical Exploitation, including but not limited to the broadcasting thereof by any form of radio, internet and any and all form of television including but not limited to terrestrial, satellite, direct to home, cable, IPTV, any form of video on demand (including but not limited to Pay-per-View, NVOD, SVOD, PVOD, FVOD made available for being seen or heard or delivered or Exploited through wire or wireless including but not limited to internet, websites including but not limited to social networking websites, blogs, internet or mobile streaming or download services (whether free, pay or subscription based) computing and networking devices, mobile /telecommunication system based platforms, mobile TV, theatrical or non-theatrical or any other means whether now known or existing or in commercial use or hereinafter invented or developed in the future in and to the Intellectual Property and all elements thereof. The capitalized terms ‘Broadcast’, ‘Communication to the Public’, ‘Cinematograph Film’, ‘Performance /Perform in Public’, ‘Sound Recording’, ‘Visual Recording’ shall have the same meanings as defined in the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 as amended from time to time and all analogous rights subsisting under the laws of each and every jurisdiction throughout the world). To the extent that the assignment of all rights, title and interest in the Entry and/or any part thereof if any subsisting in favour of the Participant(s), in relation to future medium or mode of exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof is not held valid by operation of law, Participant(s) hereby grants an irrevocable, exclusive, sub-licensable, perpetual right to STAR and its affiliates for such future medium or mode of exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof as may be developed in the future, for the entire world. Notwithstanding the above, the Participant(s) hereby agrees that the Participant(s) shall not assign or in any other manner transfer the Entry and/or any part thereof including for such means and modes of Exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof, which are not mentioned herein and are not presently known or in commercial use and therefore by operation of law are not deemed to have been assigned to STAR without offering for assignment such modes or means of Exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof for the entire world and perpetuity to STAR. The Participant(s) agrees and acknowledges that any form of assignment or transfer of any rights, title, and interest in any such future modes and mean of Exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof to any third party in breach of such obligation herein, anywhere in the world shall be null and void. Further, STAR may exploit the Entry and/or any part thereof at any time it chooses, and it is expressly agreed by the parties that Section 19(4) of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 does not apply to this Agreement. The Participant(s) waves off his “Moral Rights” with respect to the Entry and/or any part thereof as required. The Participants (themselves or through their parent/ guardian) shall do all acts and execute all documents in such manner and at such location as may be required by STAR in its sole and absolute discretion to protect, perfect or enforce any of the rights granted or confirmed to STAR herein.
- Participant(s) shall provide such information as may be required by STAR from time to time. Any incomplete submission shall be considered invalid for the purpose of the Quiz Contest and shall result in d STAR also reserves the right to disqualify a Participant(s) in case a discrepancy is found to exist in the information furnished/provided/stated by such Participant at any point in time during the Quiz Period.
- STAR reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing Terms and Conditions or withdraw, vary, amend, temporarily suspend, or terminate the Quiz Contest at any time, without giving prior notice or reason, for any reason whatsoever. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Participant(s) to check the rules and regulations of the Quiz Contest on https://www.disneystar.com/legal-terms-policies/terms/contest-terms-conditions/star-sports-q-fit-india-web-quiz/
- The Participant acknowledges that in case the conduct of the Quiz Contest and/or Gratification cannot be fulfilled due to any reason, including reasons beyond the control of STAR such as war, industrial action, pandemic, epidemic, flood, any act of God, power or internet outage, unavailability of the Guest or restrictions (of any nature whatsoever) on trade, commerce and/or movement of persons and goods imposed by the governmental authority(ies) (collectively, “Force Majeure Event”), then STAR and/or STAR Entities shall not have any liability in this connection.
- The Participant(s) (themselves or through their parents/guardians) shall hold harmless and indemnify STAR, STAR Entities, its affiliates, its group companies, their employees, officers, directors and/or any other person from and against any suits, actions, proceedings, causes of action, litigation, injury, damage, harm, loss, damage, liability, award, costs or expenses that may arise in connection with any act of the Participant(s) and/or Entry including any third party rights claims with respect to the material submitted by the Participant(s) to STAR.
- The Participant(s) (themselves or through their parents/guardians) shall not in any circumstances make any claims against STAR or STAR Entities, arising out of or relating to any and all costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, including, without limitation due to any technical faults (directly or indirectly), to the Participant(s) participation or non-participation in the Quiz Contest or any related activity. If any Participant is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Terms and Conditions, the corresponding Entries shall be disqualified. STAR shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or punitive damages or losses in connection with this Quiz Contest.
- The Participant(s) of the Quiz Contest agrees that, if required by STAR, he/she shall make himself/herself available from time to time and co-operate with STAR and participate in any activity and/or campaign (“Promotional Activity”) of any nature and on any platform whatsoever without any money or other consideration payable to the Participant(s). Further, the Participant(s) shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever and shall not do any act either directly or indirectly during such Promotional Activity which may bring STAR or STAR Entities into public disrepute or denigrate any of the preceding or offend any community or public morals. In all public appearances the Participant shall use her/his judgment in general demeanour and choice of language to create an atmosphere which would be conducive to the services and/or promotion of the Quiz Contest on any of the Network Handles. The Participant(s) agrees that any footage/ picture/ photograph of the Participant(s) used (if any) during the course of the Quiz Contest or for the purpose of the Quiz Contest shall vest with STAR, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity and STAR may exploit the same in any manner and in any media whatsoever at any time throughout the world whether by itself or through its group companies. The Participant agrees and consents to the use of any text and/or information and/or any photograph and/or image and/or visual recording and/or other components of his or her Entry on any platform as STAR may deem fit for the purpose of promotion of the Quiz Contest on any of the Network Handles.
- The Participant’s participation in the Quiz Contest shall be considered as an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as set forth herein.
- In the event of any fault, misunderstanding or dispute concerning any part of the Quiz Contest, and/or the operation of the internet system, or the validity of any question or answer options, the decision of STAR shall be final and binding on all Participant(s) and other persons. STAR is empowered to take a decision on any case or instances not covered by the present Terms and Conditions.
- If the operation of this Quiz Contest is prevented or affected by a Force majeure Event or otherwise, STAR may cancel all or any part of the Quiz Contest or take such other decision as it deems fit.
- If any court or other competent authority holds any provision (or any part of such provision) of these Terms and Conditions to be void or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of India and exclusive jurisdiction over all matters arising out of or in relation hereto shall vest in New Delhi.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in relation to the Quiz Contest or these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 as amended from time to time, by a sole arbitrator nominated at the sole discretion of STAR. The place of arbitration shall be New Delhi. The language of arbitration shall be English. The award of the arbitral tribunal shall be final and binding on the parties.
- STAR is empowered to take a decision on any case with respect to this Quiz Contest not covered by the present Terms and Conditions.
- STAR may amend, modify, revise and/or impose fresh conditions, at any time, including for the purpose of complying with applicable law.
- Under no circumstances shall STAR and/or STAR Entities be liable for any consequential, indirect, special, punitive, or incidental damages or lost profits, whether direct or indirect, arising in any way whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
CONSENT FOR PROCURING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By entering the Quiz Contest, each Participant thereby waives their privacy rights and/or any privacy expectations they have with respect to the use of their likeness or personal information furnished to STAR. If a Participant does not wish to have their information and/or likeness viewed by or disclosed to others, they should not enter the Quiz Contest.
(ii) STAR reserves the right to retain and use the Personal Information for subsequent activations, promotions, and future marketing campaigns/re-marketing by STAR.
(iii) Your Personal Information may be shared by STAR with its affiliates, vendors and service providers including with its vendors for the purposes of data processing and analysis for the Quiz Contest.
(iv) Your Personal Information will be used for the Quiz Contest, in various formats and media, including television, digital, social media and print for marketing and promotional activities in respect of the Quiz Contest. Your Personal Information will also be used for the purposes of contacting you (in case you happen to be one of the Winners) and for processing the Gratification in your favour.
(v) STAR has informed you of your rights to: (a) review your Personal Information for deficiencies and inaccuracies, and request to amend the Personal Information, to the extent deemed feasible by STAR; and (b) withdraw the consent provided by you hereunder. Provided that STAR shall not be liable for any collection, storage, use, transfer, or disclosure of Personal Information prior to such withdrawal of consent or request for amendment of Personal Information. Additionally, upon any such withdrawal of consent or request to review and amend your Personal Information, STAR shall be entitled to disqualify your entry and/or participation in the Quiz Contest, as deemed fit and necessary by STAR at its sole discretion.
(vi) All your Personal Information is true, correct, and complete in all respects and in no circumstances, shall STAR be liable for either the authenticity of the Personal Information or any inaccuracies or deficiencies in your Personal Information.
(vii) STAR has provided you with the option to opt out of providing your Personal Information.
3. You hereby agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Quiz Contest available at https://www.disneystar.com/legal-terms-policies/terms/contest-terms-conditions/star-sports-q-fit-india-web-quiz/
 A society registered under the Societies Act, 1860 in pursuance of the Resolution No. 1-1/83/SAI dated 25th January 1984 of the Department of Sports, Government of India, having its headquarters/office at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Complex (East Gate) Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003 to promote sports and achieving sporting excellence of Indian sports persons at national and international level.